GDT: Group C • May 4 • Sweden 6, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Is Phil Housley responsible for the power play? The set up looks just like those from the U20s that he was involved in earlier this year. I respect his career as a player but considering he's got such limited coaching experience that's at such a low level of hockey (Minnesota high school) I'm not sure why they keep bringing him in for these tournaments.

Mark Stuart has been pretty awful out there. It's such a far cry from when he was a rock solid defender for the US at the junior level.

Am I terrible hockey fan if I find these games more entertaining than NHL hockey?

More ice + less system play = better game

I like it more as well. I've gotten really bored with NHL hockey in recent times.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Is Phil Housley responsible for the power play? The set up looks just like those from the U20s that he was involved in earlier this year. I respect his career as a player but considering he's got such limited coaching experience that's at such a low level of hockey (Minnesota high school) I'm not sure why they keep bringing him in for these tournaments.

Mark Stuart has been pretty awful out there. It's such a far cry from when he was a rock solid defender for the US at the junior level.

I like it more as well. I've gotten really bored with NHL hockey in recent times.

Guys like Stuart and Komisarek are pretty one dimensional. On a good NHL team they are no more than third pairing guys.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Am I terrible hockey fan if I find these games more entertaining than NHL hockey?

More ice + less system play = better game

I'm midway, I'd prefer if the big rinks got a bit smaller and the small rinks got a bit bigger. The downside of big rinks is that sometimes the game becomes very slow, and the downside with small rinks is that sometimes the game gets monotonous.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Guys like Stuart and Komisarek are pretty one dimensional. On a good NHL team they are no more than third pairing guys.

At least Komisarek is trying to play within his means. The more Stuart trys to do the worse the results are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad