GDT: Group C • May 4 • Sweden 6, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
Just can not help loving U.S.A. hockey. You always fight hard at every level, even when you're against the odds. You enter all international tournaments without excuses or complaints, never, ever will we hear an american cry and bit*h about what players you might be missing. You simply dig down, work hard and make the most of what you've got. That's why we love you.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
If we were going to lose I guess losing vs Sweden is fine by me. Have always rooted for Sweden to do well when not playing USA.

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
Just can not help loving U.S.A. hockey. You always fight hard at every level, even when you're against the odds. You enter all international tournaments without excuses or complaints, never, ever will we hear an american cry and bit*h about what players you might be missing. You simply dig down, work hard and make the most of what you've got. That's why we love you.

Agreed, 100 %.

US Hockey is a perfect mix of NA toughness and European skill.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Haha loved Kronwalls smug smile in the end. Nice he isnt backing down though, just giving back what he got. Really impressed by Tre Kronors play in the second period, lovely to see.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
This American team just plain isn't that good. Missing too many quality guys. Their backend has been poor. JJ is not playing well. He needs to be their best guy. Montoya hasn't looked good either.

They could sure use Erik Johnson and Yandle back there to shore things up. Those 2 paired together could log nearly half the game themselves.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This American team just plain isn't that good. Missing too many quality guys. Their backend has been poor. JJ is not playing well. He needs to be their best guy. Montoya hasn't looked good either.

They could sure use Erik Johnson and Yandle back there to shore things up. Those 2 paired together could log nearly half the game themselves.

The team had a bad day today, and some of the gaps were exposed against a better side than Austria and Norway. That being said, we get to play at least a few more games!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It's bad that we play USA, Switzerland and Canada before the quarters and then we'll get a completely different big ice opponent in the quarters. I just pray we can avoid Russia and Czechs that early.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of Silfverberg on the ice. He seems to go hard every time out there, makes smart plays, and sets up good scoring chances. He's looked good every time he was on the ice (that I've seen.) I know he can play either wing, so why isn't he seeing more ice?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Uhm... anyone know why Ryan Miller isn't Team USA's goalie? Buffalo was eliminated some time ago...

Seriously... Montoya the rookie and the career backup conklin? :S

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of Silfverberg on the ice. He seems to go hard every time out there, makes smart plays, and sets up good scoring chances. He's looked good every time he was on the ice (that I've seen.) I know he can play either wing, so why isn't he seeing more ice?

Our two top lines are significantly better at controlling the play, and USA had quite many PP's where he's not one of the major PK guys on the team, and he doesn't play PP either afaik. So he's pretty much strictly a 5on5 energy guy on this team, which he's buying into perfectly. In short, his smaller minutes was because he's not playing on the special teams. Our 4th line also had a really good game (Sjögren 1+2, Ericsson 1+1), so that might have reduced them a bit aswell.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Uhm... anyone know why Ryan Miller isn't Team USA's goalie? Buffalo was eliminated some time ago...

Seriously... Montoya the rookie and the career backup conklin? :S

What fjord did you just crawl out from under (wrong country I know-but hey)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad