Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't think Denmark will do anything at all here. What happened to Eriksen is obviously a really big deal mentally, but physically what they lose on their team with him gone is just too much. They have a win against Israel without him in WC qualifying but we aren't talking about them playing Israel here. They don't have much that they can use to create through the middle.

I think Eriksen definitely gives them individual quality they otherwise don't quite have, but they're a decent top 20 in Europe side even without him. Russia has struggled recently against worse teams. Psychologically, the Eriksen situation can also be a rallying cry. It didn't work today, but honestly they were the superior team vs Finland even without Eriksen.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Most Eastern Europeans are racist, homophobic and xenophobic, that's why they're booing. If they ever start a movement in the west called "Roma lives matter" it's going to be met with even more hostility.

This post is so hilariously hypocritical.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Then they are wrong and represent the worst aspects of our culture, encapsulating everything that embarrasses me about being russian.

Showing solidarity with the radical notion that people should not be harassed or oppressed due to their genetics, is in no way bigoted.

And if the idiots in the stadium are too thick to understand that, that is due to them choosing to remain ignorant. Not some cultural quirk that others need to just accept because we are all too stupid to know any better.

They jeered the opposing team kneeling, in part because of the abuse that players on that very team have had to endure during their careers. Try again.

You can't spin racism as some cultural value we should be proud of.

Like I said, there are legitimate, logical, and valid reasons for why people are booing the kneeling. This guy lays out the case pretty coherently here:

You don't have to agree with it all (or any of it). Nor do I care to try to convince you. I don't even agree with all of it.

But I do understand it. And that's the difference between you, I, and others in this thread. You want to place everything in a dichotomous box. You are either racists or not racists. You either are for BLM or against it. You are either kneeling or for racism.

It's more complicated than that.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You seem to imply that the two things are connected? They are not?

No. It depends why a city is booing and what the fans in that stadium have done in their past. Context is important. The fans in that stadium are pro-segregation. They created a pro-segregation manifesto and then made a banner about it when Zenit signed Malcom. Those fans are garbage.

If you don't know the context I don't know why you're commenting.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
No. It depends why a city is booing and what the fans in that stadium have done in their past. Context is important. The fans in that stadium are pro-segregation. They created a pro-segregation manifesto and then made a banner about it when Zenit signed Malcom. Those fans are garbage.

If you don't know the context I don't know why you're commenting.

I think you could make that claim, and especially make the argument that the context matters is in X case, if it wasn't happening across many places in Europe at the same time.

Otherwise, I don't think the context matters in this instance.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think you could make that claim, and especially make the argument that the context matters is in X case, if it wasn't happening across many places in Europe at the same time.

Otherwise, I don't think the context matters in this instance.

It's really not happening in many places. You wanted an excuse to post your video so you did. The context is clearly unimportant to you and you don't care about the pro-segregation banner or manifesto, you keep obfuscating by not discussing it. These fans in St. Petersburg are racist, pro-segregation trash. Period, end of story.

Reactions: cgf

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It's really not happening in many places. You wanted an excuse to post your video so you did. The context is clearly unimportant to you and you don't care about the pro-segregation banner or manifesto, you keep obfuscating by not discussing it. These fans in St. Petersburg are racist, pro-segregation trash. Period, end of story.

have you ever been to St Petersburg?

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006

Um, it's happened in dozens of stadiums across the UK, US, and continental Europe? That's not 'many places' to you?

Why would I care about 'posting a video' that wasn't made by me?

Once again, you seem to want to make the argument that x people in Russia did y thing, therefore z event is contingent on x an y despite z happening simultaneously across dozens of cities in countries across multiple continents. Not a strong argument.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
have you ever been to St Petersburg?

Nope. At some point I likely will for work though. Let's make clear though. I didn't say St. Petersburg was trash, I didn't say the people of St. Petersburg were trash. I don't make opinions of countries or cities based on how people act in a stadium. I'd also like to travel there. I said the football supporters were trash. They're trash because they are pro-segregation. That is the definition of human trash.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Um, it's happened in dozens of stadiums across the UK, US, and continental Europe? That's not 'many places' to you?

Why would I care about 'posting a video' that wasn't made by me?

Once again, you seem to want to make the argument that x people in Russia did y thing, therefore z event is contingent on x an y despite z happening simultaneously across dozens of cities in countries across multiple continents. Not a strong argument.

Do you have any proof of this whatsoever? I know of a few other ones at best. And most of those sounded like a few pricks booing. The video is profoundly ludicrous. The thing a lot of you guys don't understand is that everyone isn't a nuanced individual who actually thinks of things or why they oppose something before they do it. Many people don't have a laundry list of reasons for doing something. Many people are motivated solely by base emotion and nothing more.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Apparently to these guys, so many Eastern Europeans and Russians are racist trash. Yet, they have the audacity to call people bigots. And they don't even seem to have one iota of self-awareness of this.

in my experience watching sports, most fans are nice enough people but you always have some bad apples no matter what country you are in. I went to a russia vs usa world junior game in Montreal. Had a great time talking to both fanbases

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Apparently to these guys, so many Eastern Europeans and Russians are 'trash' and 'scum.' Yet, they have the audacity to call people bigots. And they don't even seem to have one iota of self-awareness of this.

Nope, but clearly you can't read. I have made myself extremely clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad