GDT: Group B - May 21 - Sweden vs Russia

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Meh, Kovalchuk strikes again. I hope this is his last WC if he doesn’t turn it around next year.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Yeah, OEL and Ekholm can not compete against Misha Grigorenko, Barabanov and Andronov.

Come on. They didnt score on every shot because they increased the pace.

You are:
1) Not watching the game.
2) Trolling
3) Ignorant as f***

They scored on every shot because we were outplayed/dominated. Beer league players would have scored on those chances.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Yup, I kind of feel for Markström in his scenario, because he played against Finland, got hurt, played against a weak team and then rested for a ton, got cold and then had to face Russia. Not the ideal situation to prove your worth. Meanwhile, Lundqvist could find his groove and couldn't find it.

Well, I guess we can relax and be underdogs in the playoffs. On another note, I don't think I've seen a single Russian fan commentating. It looks like they've migrated.

For the love of everything holy, fire that Slovakian DJ. I beg you! If I think of the worst musical garbage, he's shining through with his manure. It'll be really tough to watch the playoffs with this guy behind the playlist.

Totally agree. And how often do you see collapses like this? A normal scenario would be if he allows 4-5 goals spread over 60 minutes. Now he had to give up 6 goals in 20 minutes and most of them weren't even on him. But when you do that it is almost impossible not to lose confidence.

Putting 4 pucks behind Vasilevski isn't too bad after all. Winning the third period by 3 goals to 1 looks good on paper, but i don't think we came up with anything special here.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Meh, Kovalchuk strikes again. I hope this is his last WC if he doesn’t turn it around next year.

Really stupid play by him. Utterly unnecessary penalty that actually somewhat spoiled the very good impression from the game.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Totally agree. And how often do you see collapses like this? A normal scenario would be if he allows 4-5 goals in spread on 60 minutes. Now he had to give up 6 goals in 20 minutes and most of them weren't even on him. But when you do that it is almost impossible not to lose confidence.

Putting 4 pucks behind Vasilevski isn't too bad after all. Winning the third period by 3 goals to 1 looks good on paper, but i don't think we came up with anything special here.

Russia just wasn't really playing anymore on defence in the 3rd period.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Larsson was the worst player on the ice for Sweden. Pettersson the best.
For some reason Larsson seems to be the guy pinching high this year and OEL is staying behind trying to clean up if things go south. That just isn’t right.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Well that 2nd period ain't happening twice in this tournament, so that's a positive. We've seen Swedish teams turn things around very quickly in the past. Hopefully this loss can spark them.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Well that 2nd period ain't happening twice in this tournament, so that's a positive. I've seen Swedish teams turn things around very quickly. Hopefully this loss can spark them.

Thats true... better it happens here than in the elemination games.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
USA is always a thorn for russia

Russia won the group but this 1/4 Final scenario isn't the best one. With all due respect, Germany would've been much better. Still though, Russia looks very strong and has a very good chance to advance.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Larsson was the worst player on the ice for Sweden. Pettersson the best.
For some reason Larsson seems to be the guy pinching high this year and OEL is staying behind trying to clean up if things go south. That just isn’t right.

Agree. I don't mind seeing Larsson up the play but it happens way to often.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
I suspect, that Swedish coach told the team to take a breather in the second, to ensure Finland - Sweden QF. Then in third Swedes did a nice preliminary training. My prediction for the QF is 1-5.

Reactions: JHB

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
You are:
1) Not watching the game.
2) Trolling
3) Ignorant as ****

They scored on every shot because we were outplayed/dominated. Beer league players would have scored on those chances.

Ignorant? Ignorant about what? Misha Grigorenko and Andronov being superstars?

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Omg Grönborg is such a tard against Marie Lehmann, SVT´s reporter. She was asking som generic questions and he´s answers is so childish. Take the loss like a man and behave, punk ass.

Reactions: VictorLustig

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Don’t mind the goals, they were completely dominated during the second period. As soon as the Russians increased the pace, we were ****ed.

The players didn't care in the 2nd period. Look at the plays the defenders did. They obviously realized they can't lose too much face so they stepped up a bit in the third to make it respectable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad