GDT: Group B - May 21 - Sweden vs Russia

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Is that confirmed? Who will take over next year?
Garpenlöv. Popovic wasn't extended so we’ll see a new defensive coordinator aswell and someone will ofcourse take over Garpenlövs role.

Reactions: JHB

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
Did you guys know Grönborg is live streaming during the whole tournament? He's on now.

JHB

Feb 15, 2019
By the way just watched the post-game interview with Grönborg and don't see what he did wrong. The female reporter was extremely arrogant. Of course he got a little irritated. I would've reacted worse.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Larsson was the worst player on the ice for Sweden. Pettersson the best.
For some reason Larsson seems to be the guy pinching high this year and OEL is staying behind trying to clean up if things go south. That just isn’t right.
haahahahahaahahah.jpg

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Well several players are in competition for that title honestly, but: What stood out was his mistimed pinches. His tendency to get caught trying something he wouldn’t even dream of trying in the NHL. He’s there to do what he’s good at, he’s not there to pretend that he’s Erik Karlsson.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
f*** does 2006 do with 2019. you cant use 2006 to say we did it again. no proof of this happend today yet again.

Darnell

Jun 16, 2012
I wasn’t able to catch the game today. How was the play of Elias Pettersson? Im curious about how bad of a day it was for Markstrom as well.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
**** does 2006 do with 2019. you cant use 2006 to say we did it again. no proof of this happend today yet again.

That is true, i have no proof of that it would have happened again. I wrote it wouldn´t be the first time.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I wasn’t able to catch the game today. How was the play of Elias Pettersson? Im curious about how bad of a day it was for Markstrom as well.
He was outmuscled most of the game. If he wants people to remember him having a good tournament he has to be a lot better in the quaterfinal and beyond.

ranndino

Jan 18, 2008
Boston, MA
Wow, can't remember ever seeing Sweden crumble as they did in the 2nd period. I've said it before in another thread -- this is the best Russian worlds team in quite some time. Loaded with stars, plays as a team & very intense.

Having said all that, for all their good play & winning all of their games their reward is USA in the QF. A dangerous opponent.

Reactions: Slimmy

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
That was a surprising show from Sweden. With that powerhouse of a team, I expected much better from them.

Russia seems to be the clear favorite now.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Grönborg has always been sour with the media. Maybe it is for the best that this is his last tournament.
Who cares about the clown media and the mediocrity personified in the form of "journalists"? Grönborg could moon them for all I care. The more disrespect they get, the bigger the chance their huge egos might deflate a bit.

Reactions: Slimmy

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden

EP played well, smart passing, the view and all that trademark stuff. Markström was not at his top game, as has seen in the Canucks he have those days. In defense on must say that Russia has mustered quite a collection of skilled offensive forwards.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
EP played well, smart passing, the view and all that trademark stuff. Markström was not at his top game, as has seen in the Canucks he have those days. In defense on must say that Russia has mustered quite a collection of skilled offensive forwards.
I agree whit this, Malkin on the fourth line.. jeez

member 305909

If there are no surprises in the QFs Sweden and Russia meet again in the semis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad