71 Ilya Kovalchuk - 13 Sergei Andronov - 7 Ivan Telegin
64 Alexander Barabanov

Scratched:
G 31 Ilya Sorokin
F 16 Sergei Plotnikov

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
#scratch Loui.

Markström puts on a clinic Sweden still plays pretty shitty defensively but Markström keeps the score down. Odd goal win for either team.

Also, for the love of god: Scratch Eriksson. I love the guy for what he’s done for Sweden in the past but right now he simply isn’t good enough anymore.

Reactions: Chimp

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Why the hell are both these games at the same time, damn it!

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
This is Markstrom’s chance to show he can be Sweden’s starting goaltender. Quite an opportunity. Too bad for Sweden they are coming off an emotional back-to-back game though, and the Russians will be well rested.

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
This game can go either way. I don’t feel like Russia is clearly better even though they have some extremely skilled players up front.

Main thing to focus on for Sweden is to stay clear of the penalty box to give Markstrom a chance.

3-2 Sweden

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
If we play like we did against Switzerland I like our chances, but not if it's like the 2nd half of the Latvia game.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't think Sweden has played to it's potential yet. Hopefully they do tonight.

Russia takes it 5-3.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This game can go either way. I don’t feel like Russia is clearly better even though they have some extremely skilled players up front.

Main thing to focus on for Sweden is to stay clear of the penalty box to give Markstrom a chance.

3-2 Sweden
It's certainly an advantage for Russia to play both Switzerland and Sweden on their back to back games. It'll be tough for Sweden to keep the energy up the entire game.

I hope Markström shines through, because Lundqvist has struggled and for the love of everything holy, give Bratt a chance instead of Loui Eriksson.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Russia are favourites, but I don’t think the difference between the teams is as large as most people say. Sweden definitely have better defencemen but Russia obviously have more top quality forwards. I think we have a good chance at winning if Markström plays well.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
Sweden was cruising for much of the Latvia game, I think they will have energy. Still expecting a loss though.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russia are favourites, but I don’t think the difference between the teams is as large as most people say. Sweden definitely have better defencemen but Russia obviously have more top quality forwards. I think we have a good chance at winning if Markström plays well.
Better d men? Not this WHC

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

OEL - Larsson and Ekholm - Klingberg are far better than all Russian pairings. Then we have the 60 point scoring Gustavsson together with Marcus Pettersson that is way ahead of Russias third pairing. Robert Hägg is not great but better than Khafisulin and Gavrikov by a country mile

Reactions: Slimmy

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Coming from someone (you) that supposedly follows the NHL, I would like to hear your arguement that Russia actually have better d-men than Sweden. I mean, it's a pretty bizarre thing to say.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad