GDT: Group B - May 13 - Russia vs Czech Republic

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Thank god! We're at least 2 years away from a competitive best on best team...
I think that we are "n" number of years away from best on best hockey. Unfortunately. Neither best on best World Cup nor best on best Olympics is in sight.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Hats off to the Russian performance today. Well deserved win! Apart from Gusev/Kucherov, I believe there is still a lot room for improvement regarding the build up of chemistry - which makes them even more dangerous as a team.

Reactions: Czechboy

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I'll give you Krejci. Think he was better a few years ago though.

I have to disagree, because throughout almost the entire season he was playing close to peak level hockey. Especially playoff-Krejci is a beast, easily the most consistent & best Bruins in this years playoffs up to now. Injuries are his curse.

Reactions: nazartp

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think that we are "n" number of years away from best on best hockey. Unfortunately. Neither best on best World Cup nor best on best Olympics is in sight.
Don't even get me started on the world cup of hockey.lol I hate that tournament! No Swiss, No Slovak, half of North American teams?

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Don't even get me started on the world cup of hockey.lol I hate that tournament! No Swiss, No Slovak, half of North American teams?
It’s better than nothing. But don’t worry, we won’t see World Cup of Hockey in the near future.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I have to disagree, because throughout almost the entire season he was playing close to peak level hockey. Especially playoff-Krejci is a beast, easily the most consistent & best Bruins in this years playoffs up to now. Injuries are his curse.
You'll get no argument from me there. He gets ripped about his regular season play, for whatever reason, but one cannot question his playoffs performances.

Reactions: czechmate

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Between these two, on ice, basically always very tight games with few goals. I would expect something like 2-1 or 3-2 with Russia as 60-40 favourite. (Of course now that I said this it will be 8-6 to the Czechs... :))

Not really. Overall I think people overestimate the difference between players in just one game. So far during the World Championships I've seen people thinking Canada would beat Finland 9-1 and that Finland would beat Slovakia 6-1.

What seperates the Ovechkin's and the Malkin's from the Palat's and the Vrana's is how good the former duo are over 82 games. If it on paper should end 5-1, the total score would be 410-82 if these teams played eachother 82 games. By comparison the Tampa Bay Lightning scored 319 goals this season and no one else reached 290.

Yeah, really. Score was pretty much in line with my prediction. Russia just has the much stronger roster.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just a follow-up on this - he was, practically, benched the second half of the third period yesterday. He IS struggling.
David Pastrnak Stats and News

He played 2 more minutes than the previous game. 6 minutes of powerplay time for team lead. I'd kill to be benched like this.

It does seem his 5 on 5 is not going well though. Hope he heals up before the Finals (assuming it is an injury).

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
David Pastrnak Stats and News

He played 2 more minutes than the previous game. 6 minutes of powerplay time for team lead. I'd kill to be benched like this.

It does seem his 5 on 5 is not going well though. Hope he heals up before the Finals (assuming it is an injury).

I was also writing it off as an injury, but his decisionmaking was REALLY bad these playoffs. He is still quite a threat in specific situations, but against close-checking teams he is just plain bad. I watched way too many lazy passes and turnovers at the blue line by him. I can only hope he picks it up soon.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hats off to the Russian performance today. Well deserved win! Apart from Gusev/Kucherov, I believe there is still a lot room for improvement regarding the build up of chemistry - which makes them even more dangerous as a team.

Outside those two, there is a shocking lack of chemistry on the rest of the team. They need to do a major overhaul on all the lines.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was also writing it off as an injury, but his decisionmaking was REALLY bad these playoffs. He is still quite a threat in specific situations, but against close-checking teams he is just plain bad. I watched way too many lazy passes and turnovers at the blue line by him. I can only hope he picks it up soon.

Just a follow-up on this - he was, practically, benched the second half of the third period yesterday. He IS struggling.

Also just following up - 3 points last night. Sits THIRD in playoff scoring with 15 points... only Marchand (17) and Couture (20) have more points. He's the second leading scorer on a team that is now very comfortably in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Also just following up - 3 points last night. Sits THIRD in playoff scoring with 15 points... only Marchand (17) and Couture (20) have more points. He's the second leading scorer on a team that is now very comfortably in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Yep, they were great last night. Honestly, first time these playoffs this line played to its potential. Hope it was just him recovering from the broken finger.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yep, they were great last night. Honestly, first time these playoffs this line played to its potential. Hope it was just him recovering from the broken finger.

A week off will really help Boston as they had some key injuries.. lots of ice baths! Now I just need SJ to win

Reactions: nazartp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad