67 Michael Frolík - 12 Dominik Simon - 93 Jakub Voráček
18 Ondřej Palát - 72 Filip Chytil - 13 Jakub Vrána
81 Dominik Kubalík - 43 Jan Kovář - 26 Michal Řepík
20 Hynek Zohorna - 79 Tomáš Zohorna - 23 Dmitrij Jaškin

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Where is Provorov? Does Russia seriously have Kucherov on line 3 and Kovalchuk on line 4? Their second best goalie is better than both our guys. Their D is deeper. Their forward depth is unblievable.

I'm going for the Czechs obviously but man oh man what a test this is going to be. So many things would have to fall right for us to win this...

Czechs 4-3 in an insane upset.

Reactions: slicedbread

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Czechs won it last year at Krejci's and Pastrnak's arrival. My feeling is that this year the Sbornaja will win this thing.
Team Russia 5 - Team Czech Republic 3

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Where is Provorov? Does Russia seriously have Kucherov on line 3 and Kovalchuk on line 4? Their second best goalie is better than both our guys. Their D is deeper. Their forward depth is unblievable.

I'm going for the Czechs obviously but man oh man what a test this is going to be. So many things would have to fall right for us to win this...

Well, we have three 1st lines actually, so Kucherov isn't on the 3rd line (his line actually was our best in previous 2 games). Will it help to win, though? Tough question.

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
Tight one, although Russia has huge advantage on paper.

I think this is the first game where the huge ego's of Russia will start to show and penalties even things up. 2-3 Czecks

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Not going to see whole match, hoping for win though. Sbornaja mashina shall be a challenge to clinch, but it's certainly possible with the previous performances. However, not gonna be really upset if we fall (like it will but I won't burst into panic or anger), still obviously consider QF the crucial game and it doesn't matter what happens before (considering we reach QF).

Have a feeling that Chytil's line and Rutta will be deciding factor today. Dreaming about 3:2 win, 3:4 OT for Russia is my tip though. ČEŠI DO TOHO!!

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019

I would not call it upset if it happens actually, their defence makes tons of mistakes, it’s bigger depth-wise on paper, in reality, nah. Their forward group is obviously much superior, but also is big bunch of egos, playing on themselves while Czech team is team in right meaning of this word.

CZE 4 Russia 3

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
On paper, Russia should win 5-1.

Between these two, on ice, basically always very tight games with few goals. I would expect something like 2-1 or 3-2 with Russia as 60-40 favourite. (Of course now that I said this it will be 8-6 to the Czechs... :))

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
On paper, Russia should win 5-1.

Not really. Overall I think people overestimate the difference between players in just one game. So far during the World Championships I've seen people thinking Canada would beat Finland 9-1 and that Finland would beat Slovakia 6-1.

What seperates the Ovechkin's and the Malkin's from the Palat's and the Vrana's is how good the former duo are over 82 games. If it on paper should end 5-1, the total score would be 410-82 if these teams played eachother 82 games. By comparison the Tampa Bay Lightning scored 319 goals this season and no one else reached 290.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
We're not able to compete physically so far, hope this period ends like this at worst and faster skaters will hop to the second.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Good job by Russia's 4th line, and particularly Kovalchuk! (I take that back that I would'nt have him on that 4th line, @Atas2000, he's playing well so far at this WHC.)

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That awful line change followed by a puck flying through Bartosak... 2 big mistakes and a goal for Russia.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Good period for us.. happy only 1 goal down. That was a perfect periid by Russia. Got the lead, silenced crowd. If it was zero zero I'd be ecstatic right now. We need to score soon to elevate crowd

Reactions: Retroglyphs

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Good period for us.. happy only 1 goal down. That was a perfect periid by Russia. Got the lead, silenced crowd. If it was zero zero I'd be ecstatic right now. We need to score soon to elevate crowd

Having watched the 1st period I have to say that I'm not impressed by either team. The Russians were efficient to score on a line changing mistake from the Czechs. Other than that it has been a back and forth game without really big chances.

The Russians have played a bit better though throughout the first.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Having watched the 1st period I have to say that I'm not impressed by either team. The Russians were efficient to score on a line changing mistake from the Czechs. Other than that it has been a back and forth game without really big chances.

The Russians have played a bit better though throughout the first.

We need to keep it tight and frustrating... We don't have the guns to go toe to toe with this Russian squad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad