GDT: Group B - May 13 - Russia vs Czech Republic

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Chance by Chytil should've ended in the net, would be quite an impuls to the third period. Seems like no rockets in the legs as opposed to the game versus Sweden. Still lacking the needed physical play. Hopefully something happens and quick goal will be scored.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Good news is we are only down by 2! We did have some good looks. Not enough pressure. Russians are flying. We also need to keep score close. If swedes beat Russia it'd come down to head to head aggregate. Both Bartosak goals were not his fault but one hit his pad and kept going. The other went through him. Another inch of luck and he has highlight of the night saves.

I imagined need high quality scoring chances are 10-2 Russia.

Kucherov and Gusev are beautiful to watch!

Reactions: Chevx

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We need to win the group at all costs.

Don’t want USA or Canada in quarters. Although it seems that the US might place 4th the way they’re playing

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Krejci, Mrazek. Kempny isn't a star (above average though), but he is injured.

Not much, but better than nothing.

I think the theme of your comments is 'Russia has better players'. Currently they do. No one is really arguing that. Kovi, Ovechken, Kuzi, Malkin.. it's impressive as hell. Much more depth and strength.

However, we are missing our Top 2 Centres (Krejci/Hertl), our Top Winger (Pastrnak), Top 2 Goalies (Mrazek/Rittich) and our very thin D core is decimated by injuries... Kempny, Simek and Hajek are all done for season.

Back to all your awesome Russians. They play in the NHL... are many left? We have 4 teams left and I'm not sure who the best Russia remaining is? Tarasenko with 6 points?

I certainly don't see them in that Playoff stats:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/

4 teams left and 3 are heavily influenced by Czechs -

San Jose - Hertl is in Conn Smythe conversations currently
Boston - remove Pastrnak/Krejci and they are not beating the Leafs in Round 1
Carolina - Mrazek is the biggest reason they got this far (although, he did get shelled and might sit next game).

Reactions: czechmate

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I think the theme of your comments is 'Russia has better players'. Currently they do. No one is really arguing that. Kovi, Ovechken, Kuzi, Malkin.. it's impressive as hell. Much more depth and strength.

However, we are missing our Top 2 Centres (Krejci/Hertl), our Top Winger (Pastrnak), Top 2 Goalies (Mrazek/Rittich) and our very thin D core is decimated by injuries... Kempny, Simek and Hajek are all done for season.

Back to all your awesome Russians. They play in the NHL... are many left? We have 4 teams left and I'm not sure who the best Russia remaining is? Tarasenko with 6 points?

Carolina - Mrazek is the biggest reason they got this far (although, he did get shelled and might sit next game).
The theme of my post was "Russia has better players available in this tournament." It definitely wasn't trying to belittle the Czech hockey.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006

I'll give you Hertl and Krejci, but Pastrnak was putrid the entire playoffs - and I am a die-hard Boston fan. Mrazek is living up exactly to his streaky self - he can steal a game as well as he can lose a game all by his lonesome. If not for contract years Russia could have added Bobrovsky and Panarin... I have nothing against Czech overall hockey talent pool - much respect.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll give you Hertl and Krejci, but Pastrnak was putrid the entire playoffs - and I am a die-hard Boston fan. Mrazek is living up exactly to his streaky self - he can steal a game as well as he can lose a game all by his lonesome. If not for contract years Russia could have added Bobrovsky and Panarin... I have nothing against Czech overall hockey talent pool - much respect.
Click on the stats link... Pastrnak is tied for 9th in scoring and tied for 5th in goals. So Top 10 in points and Top 5 in goals is putrid?

Also, his team is up 2-0. He still has a lot of story to tell!

I agree about Bobrovsky and Panarin... it's almost as though 95% of the best Russian team possible got eliminated early.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Russia was definitely better... hats off to them. So many game breakers! We had over a dozen goals going into the game... you'd think we could score 1. Kovar on the breakaway, the 2 posts. Mind you, Russia had a lot more breakaways and a post themselves. I'd say it went exactly how it should've for them. Not sure if a Faksa or Francouz would've helped our cause today (or a Gulas?).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Click on the stats link... Pastrnak is tied for 9th in scoring and tied for 5th in goals. So Top 10 in points and Top 5 in goals is putrid?

I agree about Bobrovsky and Panarin... it's almost as though 95% of the best Russian team possible got eliminated early.

Provorov...

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

We also miss Provorov, Radulov, Tarasenko, Svechnikov

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
God. As if Jaškin's dive wasn't enough. Hronek definitely lost control. Not proud of our boys diving, no excuse for that.

Match has shown imperfection in our team, good that such slap came in the group stage. Still have time to work on that. Lack of speed and physical play against Russians. Shame for the two posts hit.

Water down the river, want to see 12 points from remaining matches.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006

Sorry, but I watched every single game. Stats don't tell the story that he is a giveaway machine these playoffs. He had some short bursts of being himself, but he is not living up to his potential of the top goal scorer on the team. Krejci, on the other hand, I don't have enough good words to say.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The theme of my post was "Russia has better players available in this tournament." It definitely wasn't trying to belittle the Czech hockey.
FTR - I'd even agree Russia has better players overall. We don't get to 6th in the world by accident.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad