GDT: Group B - May 10 - USA vs Latvia

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Our coaching staff should be seriously reconsidered after the tournament. It's a very stupid penalty in a game like this, where USA hasn't been pushing us too much for the first 10 minutes of the game.

Who do you want fire tho? I hope you dont mean Hartley.

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
I remember last year's Worlds the refs were calling a lot of these 2 many players on ice penalties, i think in almost every game in the tournament they called those. Not an excuse but stupid plays.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Well.. whos left, Abols? Hes probably the best Latvian coach by far.
Something is not working and it must be sorted, changing lines has been horrible in all 4 games so far. Either by a change of personalities or by a change of procedures.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Something is not working and it must be sorted, changing lines has been horrible in all 4 games so far. Either by a change of personalities or by a change of procedures.

I mean except those two penalties, we actually look good. I dont see the problem.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
I mean except those two penalties, we actually look good. I dont see the problem.
It's the line changes that are not working.

1) Scoring with 4 players on ice vs Norway
2) Repeatedly making offensive line changes, when the whole offensive line has made it past the center line (and they have been on ice 20-25 seconds, not 35 seconds+), in that way losing possession multiple times
3) These two consecutive penalties

Apart from that, our game looks indeed rather good today.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Great. It would have been much tougher to start the second period down 0:1.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Best period of the tournament, by far. Its seems everything just clicked in that period. Finally our passing isnt complete dumpster fire aswell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad