89 Nikita Jevpalovs

Scratched:
G 35 Matiss Kivlenieks
F 15 Martin Karsums

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
If Gudlevskis starts, it's a huge red flag that we're once again not going to try to go all out against a clearly superior side. A blowout loss is very likely in that case.

If Merzlikins starts, Dzerins (minor injury) and Blueger are all playing, it might not be a walk in the park for the Americans. Especially if they don't manage to score early.

If we can score a couple and keep it close, I'll take it.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Merzlikins in goal, Blueger will play, Dzerins still questionable and it's probably going to be a game time decision.

If he does play, it's going to look something like
Redlihs - Dzerins - Indrasis
Balcers - Abols - Kenins
Bukarts - Blueger - Bukarts
Jevpalovs - Pavlovs - Meija

No news about changes in defensive pairings, although I hope Cibulskis gets dropped at least to the third pairing.

Reactions: Bobby G

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Merzlikins in goal, Blueger will play, Dzerins still questionable and it's probably going to be a game time decision.

If he does play, it's going to look something like
Redlihs - Dzerins - Indrasis
Balcers - Abols - Kenins
Bukarts - Blueger - Bukarts
Jevpalovs - Pavlovs - Meija

No news about changes in defensive pairings, although I hope Cibulskis gets dropped at least to the third pairing.

I like that Bukarts-Bļugers-Bukarts line. Both brothers should havr been reunited sooner, they have a good chemistry.

Reactions: Frannel and Bobby G

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I like that Bukarts-Bļugers-Bukarts line. Both brothers should havr been reunited sooner, they have a good chemistry.
On the flipside they're both small and not very physical. And not super speedy either. That chemistry and skill might not be enough against the US. Bukarts Jr. really struggled against Canada. People were wheeling past him and that's just not acceptable when you're not even 180cm tall.

I would probably go with just 2 scoring lines, an energy line and a shutdown line. But there's really not many options left without Karsums. Karsums - Abols - Kenins could be a great 3rd line. Then you could pair up Balcers and Blueger and pack all of our skill (Indrasis, Ro. Bukarts, Redlihs) into that top 6. Now there's a gaping hole there on the wing.

Buddlee

Apr 15, 2018
USA 4 - Latvia 2
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/f.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/e.png

GX

Dec 28, 2011

Top 2 defensive pairs at yesterday's practice were Sotnieks - Balinskis, Freibergs - Rubins. So Bob is at least evaluating the possiblity of getting rid of Cibulskis.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Yup, Blueger between the Bukarts brothers. B line.

Dzerins will play. Great news.

Razgals on Pavlovs wing instead of Meija.

The Cibulskis-Galvins pairing remains unchanged.

Merzlikins confirmed in goal. A huge challenge ahead of him, he usually loves games like this.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Wow, no real net pressure, but an unexpectedly decent PP - some shots on net, only 2 lost passes due really active SH play

GX

Dec 28, 2011
We were very weak in front of the net vs Norway and Finland. Let's hope there is some improvement today, when it might matter a lot more.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Our coaching staff should be seriously reconsidered after the tournament. It's a very stupid penalty in a game like this, where USA hasn't been pushing us too much for the first 10 minutes of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->