• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, that's called sacrifice !
Costa seems to have refrained from shooting into the guy's head, but it took an effort for him :D

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This Spain teams looks extremely vulnerable at the back.
Iran could have scored two here (shot near the post and that offside goal). Given the poor individual talents they're facing, that spanish defense doesn't inspire confidence. And they made plenty of mistakes in the first game too.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This Spain teams looks extremely vulnerable at the back.
Iran could have scored two here (shot near the post and that offside goal). Given the poor individual talents they're facing, that spanish defense doesn't inspire confidence. And they made plenty of mistakes in the first game too.

You mean that 3-3 draw with Portugal didn't tip you off?

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
You've got to feel for Iran a little here. They've given a really good account of themselves from a footballing pov (not the play acting bollocks of that keeper)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Someday I would perhaps like to see what Iran play like when they're in their own championship against weaker opponents

Haven't watched, but based on stats they're utterly dominating and outscoring opponents 3-0 per game on average in the WC qualifying. Hard to believe, but I guess it's a same way as a junior scoring star ends up as 3rd line grinder in the NHL.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lols spain wins on a dumb, lucky goal and help from replay againt iran

not looking very good for them going forward

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Haven't watched, but based on stats they're utterly dominating and outscoring opponents 3-0 per game on average in the WC qualifying. Hard to believe, but I guess it's a same way as a junior scoring star ends up as 3rd line grinder in the NHL.

They started to show their quality going forward once they got scored on. Who knows, if they'd played the whole game that way maybe the result would've been different

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
lols spain wins on a dumb, lucky goal and help from replay againt iran

not looking very good for them going forward

I can't speak for the first half, which I didn't watch, but after the break they didn't lost composure when in possession, which is a virtue that shouldn't be taken for granted in games such as this.

The defence is a different matter, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad