Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Except these stats are overwhelming... again I’ll have to watch the highlights but perhaps if Iran was Germany you wouldn’t be saying that? And just saying this because it was a David vs Goliath and Iran held their own ?

That's your second mistake lol.

If Germany played like that against Spain it would've been LOL worthy. @cgf probably never posts here again.

Thats exactly why people are saying this. The best way I can explain to you today's game is imagine that Deportivo played against Barca and the match played out like that... you would be claiming this effort was legendary and that Deportivo deserved much more than a 1-0 L in which it was practically an OWN goal.

Iran for all the crap they have had on these boards due to obvious reasons are going into the last match day with a legit chance of getting out of a group that has Spain and Portugal. If you or anyone can't see how amazing that is...

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Iran got the best chances yes. Spain's shots were rarely dangerous.
Iran had a great chance, but the guy shot inches from the post (DDG hadn't moved) they scored a goal on a set play denied by a small offside (which was offside) and then they had a cross where the guy came like a lion to head the ball just over the bar, the whole spanish defense was beaten.
Those three chances happenned in the last 30 minutes and all were golden chances.

OTOH, Spain scored when a defenseman cleared the ball into Diego Costa's leg.
Yeah no. Per what I have just seen on the extended highlights nothing indicates Iran better chances and clearly not more as some others have posted. It was all Spain in the 1st half. That half volley from Silva was dangerous and he also had a blocked shot that was almost diverted to an own goal. Then in 2nd half there was 2 corners where Pique almost scores, one flicked and tapped by Pique where it was saved by the defender on the post and then the other corner that was a training ground play where the Iranian guy literally was laying down impeding Pique to tap it in. Then the great save by the Iranian goalie from an awesome shot that fell to Lucas but couldn’t convert. I mean again where do you see Iran had the better chances and “deserved” to draw or win this??? Lol like where do you get this from? Total domination from Spain on everything imaginable so ?

Reactions: PickleRick

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
then they had a cross where the guy came like a lion to head the ball just over the bar, the whole spanish defense was beaten.

Header hit just over the bar, volley hit just wide of the post. DDG wasn't stopping either of those.

Actually when I saw the replay it looked like De Gea had it covered. If there's anyone could get a hand on that it's him. Still an amazing bit of work though, let's not leave out the part where the crosser first nutmegged and muscled by the Spanish player to set it up

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
That's your second mistake lol.

If Germany played like that against Spain it would've been LOL worthy. @cgf probably never posts here again.

Thats exactly why people are saying this. The best way I can explain to you today's game is imagine that Deportivo played against Barca and the match played out like that... you would be claiming this effort was legendary and that Deportivo deserved much more than a 1-0 L in which it was practically an OWN goal.

Iran for all the crap they have had on these boards due to obvious reasons are going into the last match day with a legit chance of getting out of a group that has Spain and Portugal. If you or anyone can't see how amazing that is...
Sure I can claim the effort was legendary, and how have I said in any way shape or form different from Iran? All I have said is I don’t understand how Iran “deserve” more than what they got as opposed to Spain? If Barcelona utterly dominates us and we lose 1-0 I can praise Depor for the effort but I wouldn’t say we “deserved” to beat them or even draw them when he stats and chances were so lopsided which is what you and others here are doing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sure I can claim the effort was legendary, and how have I said in any way shape or form different from Iran? All I have said is I don’t understand how Iran “deserve” more than what they got as opposed to Spain? If Barcelona utterly dominates us and we lose 1-0 I can praise Depor for the effort but I wouldn’t say we “deserved” to beat them or even draw them when he stats and chances were so lopsided which is what you and others here are doing.

If Barca score an own goal and you miss some decent chances than YES you would be claiming they deserved more than a loss. It's a simple fact some teams' expectations are lower.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Carvahal with some verbal diarrhoea... another one lacking anything resembling self awareness. What an idiot.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah no. Per what I have just seen on the extended highlights nothing indicates Iran better chances and clearly not more as some others have posted. It was all Spain in the 1st half. That half volley from Silva was dangerous and he also had a blocked shot that was almost diverted to an own goal. Then in 2nd half there was 2 corners where Pique almost scores, one flicked and tapped by Pique where it was saved by the defender on the post and then the other corner that was a training ground play where the Iranian guy literally was laying down impeding Pique to tap it in. Then the great save by the Iranian goalie from an awesome shot that fell to Lucas but couldn’t convert. I mean again where do you see Iran had the better chances and “deserved” to draw or win this??? Lol like where do you get this from? Total domination from Spain on everything imaginable so ?

Watched the whole game and I can say without feeling bad that especially the first half felt something like 90-10 possession in favor of Spain.

This game was easily the worst I have seen so far and it was not just because of one team.

Iran knew they have limited abilities and simply tried to get a point out of it by just preventing rather than acting.
Spain just couldn't find a way through it and there were some epicly terrible performances (looking at you Iniesta, time to hang em up) and just sloppy and careless play.

Second half was slightly better because of the fluke goal and Iran had to open up, which allowed for a bit more speed.
Spain at this point was almost hypnotized or put to sleep by the Iranians so the focus was lost. Pique was made look like a school boy (although, that happens a lot), Aspas' and other displayed some terrible and sloppy passing.
And even the non-goal did serve as a wake up call.

The non-goal was fine. It was 2 offside positions in a row plus a handball.

All in all, yes Spain was lucky to get away with all of the points here and despite Iran being in the driver seat now, I don't think Portugal is gonna let this one get away. This isn't an Iranian team with much talent. No Mahdavikias, No Daeis.

Yes, they are at the world cup, but so is Saudi Arabia.

Take the participation medal and be proud of the W against Morocco.

Oh and f*** the Iranian goalie, what a diving douche nozzle.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
If Barca score an own goal and you miss some decent chances than YES you would be claiming they deserved more than a loss. It's a simple fact some teams' expectations are lower.

ummm NO I wouldn't...because they deserve it regardless if it was an own goal or not.
Which by the way this Spain goal was not an own goal and even if it was it's part of the game and a reward for Spain's work..

sure, some team's expectations are a lower, guess what else is a FACT, doesn't mean they deserve anything.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
ummm NO I wouldn't...because they deserve it regardless if it was an own goal or not.
Which by the way this Spain goal was not an own goal and even if it was it's part of the game and a reward for Spain's work..

sure, some team's expectations are a lower, guess what else is a FACT, doesn't mean they deserve anything.

LMFAO sure buddy. Live in denial. It was practically an own goal. Unless you believe it was Costa's skill that made 1-0.

Spain did not deserve to win not a single person here would tell you otherwise. Well with the influx of novice posters, maybe but you'd be wrong together. Soo.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
LMFAO sure buddy. Live in denial. It was practically an own goal. Unless you believe it was Costa's skill that made 1-0.

Spain did not deserve to win not a single person here would tell you otherwise. Well with the influx of novice posters, maybe but you'd be wrong together. Soo.

I can give you some facts since apparently you like them: 1st the football experts/record keepers agree it was not an own goal since.. well the goal was given to Diego Costa. 2nd fact, you can belittle Diego's ability all you want, if he wasn't there doing whatever he was doing, there wouldn't have been any type of goal.

Spain didn't deserve to win, okay lol whatever helps you sleep at night ..BUD..

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
When you go two games in a row and have solid scoring chances but manage to botch them all, it’s more of a reflection that you’re really not that good. Iran should have 1 point right now.

Last edited:

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
and Costa isn't?

Because he's better than the rest of the Spanish defenders... Yeah, that might be it.

Sure, I made my feelings know about modern Footballers and their diving antics. The goalies attempt at drawing something though was something to behold.

Unfortunately for Spain, Pique being on of the better CB in Spain doesn't mean he is "good" , not sure why you are being so contentious with me since you appear to dislike Spain anyway but whatever your beef here is Pique still sucks and footballers still embarrass themselves diving. So yeah, f*** the Iranian goalie.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017

Aaaaah... now I know why you are upset. Your little clique is threatened. How very welcoming of you.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
lol indeed.
Everyone who saw the game told you Iran deserved a draw, but you're here to tell us we're wrong while not having seen the game.

I guess you're right and we're wrong.

Panteras

Sep 14, 2009
lol indeed.
Everyone who saw the game told you Iran deserved a draw, but you're here to tell us we're wrong while not having seen the game.

I guess you're right and we're wrong.

pffsssss the "everyone here" logic doesn't mean much when we're talking about HFBoards, you're the same that get their panties in a bunch for "anti-football" parking of the bus, but I guess when it's a hip anti-establishment team that does it it's all good and should get praise..hey it's all good, keep drinking your Pabst brah

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I can give you some facts since apparently you like them: 1st the football experts/record keepers agree it was not an own goal since.. well the goal was given to Diego Costa. 2nd fact, you can belittle Diego's ability all you want, if he wasn't there doing whatever he was doing, there wouldn't have been any type of goal.

Spain didn't deserve to win, okay lol whatever helps you sleep at night ..BUD..

Nobody said it was an own goal... I said it was practically an own goal. As you know, no spanish player attempt a shot on goal. Sure sounds like one.

Sure, look at the stats without any context and stake a claim. It'll get you far.

Sure, I made my feelings know about modern Footballers and their diving antics. The goalies attempt at drawing something though was something to behold.

Unfortunately for Spain, Pique being on of the better CB in Spain doesn't mean he is "good" , not sure why you are being so contentious with me since you appear to dislike Spain anyway but whatever your beef here is Pique still sucks and footballers still embarrass themselves diving. So yeah, **** the Iranian goalie.

I dislike Spain based on what exactly? I picked them to win the WC prior to them firing their coach. Pique doesn't suck at all but you know keeping spouting off nonsense.

Aaaaah... now I know why you are upset. Your little clique is threatened. How very welcoming of you.

Upset? You really are completely delusional not upset not even close. I cheered for Spain in their first game and depending on the match up will continue to do so. I have no reason to hate them.

My clique? what clique nobody here likes each other and there's constant bickering. I just don't like these once a tournament fans come here and act like they know anything.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Nobody said it was an own goal... I said it was practically an own goal. As you know, no spanish player attempt a shot on goal. Sure sounds like one.

Sure, look at the stats without any context and stake a claim. It'll get you far.

I dislike Spain based on what exactly? Based on your silly comments I picked them to win the WC prior to them firing their coach. Pique doesn't suck at all but you know keeping spouting off nonsense.
MANY disagree with you, but that's okay. It's just an opinion.

Upset? You really are completely delusional (Your favorite word to describe people who disagree with you) not upset not even close. I cheered for Spain in their first game and depending on the match up will continue to do so. I have no reason to hate them. I can't prove one way or another what you do or don't do at home, so I'll go by what I read from you on here.

My clique? what clique nobody here likes each other and there's constant bickering. I just don't like these once a tournament fans come here and act like they know anything. Posting on this board is a requirement now to prove that they "know anything",... gooootcha. I never played soccer... ever, I just came here for the world cup to pull something out of my rear end and upset you... makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad