World Cup: Group B: Iran vs. Spain, 6/20/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it was awesome to see iran win their first WC game in 20 years. but then reality sets in and you remember they're in the same group as spain and portugal.

welp, it was fun while it lasted

3-0 spain

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Man, if Iran pulls this off....:laugh:

Of all the teams in this tourney, for them to be the first team through to the knockout round. Would make for a great story!

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
With the way Iran will likely collapse and defend I would be surprised if this game wasn't something like 2-0 Spain. Iran is not scoring, I am pretty confident

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
To my understanding (didn't watch, as I was driving), Spain looked terrific against Portugal, despite the result. I still have little doubt that they're going deep. This should be easy.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't understand Spain's set-up today.

Why are you taking a player out of midfield to bring in Vazquez? Iniesta and Silva aren't going to give you the same defense that Koke did, so its pretty much Busquets on his own. But you aren't really adding that much to your attack. I'd prefer Iniesta and Silva centrally than out wide, but if you are going to try to go for an offensive sub, you might as well add Asensio to the lineup instead of Vazquez.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't understand Spain's set-up today.

Why are you taking a player out of midfield to bring in Vazquez? Iniesta and Silva aren't going to give you the same defense that Koke did, so its pretty much Busquets on his own. But you aren't really adding that much to your attack. I'd prefer Iniesta and Silva centrally than out wide, but if you are going to try to go for an offensive sub, you might as well add Asensio to the lineup instead of Vazquez.

Asensio over Vazquez all day

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
all those Iranian women look so happy to be attending a sporting event

too bad they can't do it in Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad