Euro: Group B: England vs. Russia, 6/11/2016

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm saying whoever's dumb enough to believe english are running while russians are looking to hurt them reaches new levels of dumbness.

There are 100.000 english fans in Marseille right now. 25.000 have tickets and are here to watch football like normal fans.
The 75.000 others are here to drink and fight, something they've done for 3 straight days.
And since it takes two to tango, they have apparently found some other dumb fans (russians this time, french the other day) to "party".

And the level of stupidity by some posters here that keep on defending english fans after every incident (every Euro, many WC) is incredible.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
So after three straight days of battles and injuries, it's still not England's fans fault?
They were attacked right?

Same thing every two years, great.

Let's land somewhere in between your view of the English being marauding Mongol incarnates and none of it being their fault. Especially the stuff today I think was primarily Russian ultras.

In my experience, Brits tend to drink a lot and it often leads to (moreso) isolated violence. But I don't think it's the kind of organized thuggery we are seeing today, which seems like way more of a Russian ultra staple.

Whatever, Evilo. You're views on the English are pretty well publicized, so it's a useless debate. I never said there was no blame to be laid on the English, that's a construction all your own, but based on what I've seen/read, I don't think they were primary instigators (especially today).

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for pointing me to this guy's feed. If you read his timeline, he's got a bunch of awful stories of drunken English boorishness. But:

It's hard to say who's instigating it. I'm not taking sides. A lot of violence from both groups of supporters. It doesn't seem like either are merely defending themselves from assault.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Who's defending the English?
You're whining that a couple of them had their head kicked in, while another poster makes it sound like they were all just innocent bystanders running for their lives after having been attacked by "Russian mobs".

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You're whining that a couple of them had their head kicked in, while another poster makes it sound like they were all just innocent bystanders running for their lives after having been attacked by "Russian mobs".

Whining? Sure.

We cannot all be like you, btw you seem awfully involved in something you don't give **** about.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

You must have some kind of browser filter enabled that makes words into other, different words.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Where did anyone defend them again?

Everyone knows English fans have been doing assaulting, vandalism, stealing the last few days. Everyone knows the Russians do it every tournament.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Let's land somewhere in between your view of the English being marauding Mongol incarnates and none of it being their fault. Especially the stuff today I think was primarily Russian ultras.

In my experience, Brits tend to drink a lot and it often leads to (moreso) isolated violence. But I don't think it's the kind of organized thuggery we are seeing today, which seems like way more of a Russian ultra staple.

Whatever, Evilo. You're views on the English are pretty well publicized, so it's a useless debate. I never said there was no blame to be laid on the English, that's a construction all your own, but based on what I've seen/read, I don't think they were primary instigators (especially today).

Actually I never wrote it was ONLY the english fans fault, so thanks for making some words up.
But people here defending english fans year after year is laughable/sad.
For 3 days, those 75.000 fans have drunk and fought. They've started **** all of Marseille, LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO.
I have no doubt they found idiots from other countries to fight with.
But every Euro/WC it's the same. English fans are in the middle of it EVERY TIME.

And yet you can read here on HFboards that they're assaulted.

And you can also read BTW that french fans saying "ole" because they're happy is arrogance and that english fans would never do that. :shakehead

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It's hard to say who's instigating it. I'm not taking sides. A lot of violence from both groups of supporters. It doesn't seem like either are merely defending themselves from assault.

Definitely not. If my initial post gave people the impression of me saying the English are choir boys handing out sweets to passersby and cowering behind plants...my bad.

Obviously, there are a lot of jackasses participating and doing some ridiculous things (seriously, some of the stories in that guy's feed about English supporters are frankly shocking). But he's not the only one talking about how today's violence got so out of hand and pointing the finger at Russians baying for violence...

You didn't read the top of the page, did you (not that I would blame you)?

What?

Actually I never wrote it was ONLY the english fans fault, so thanks for making some words up.
But people here defending english fans year after year is laughable/sad.
For 3 days, those 75.000 fans have drunk and fought. They've started **** all of Marseille, LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO.
I have no doubt they found idiots from other countries to fight with.
But every Euro/WC it's the same. English fans are in the middle of it EVERY TIME.

And you can also read BTW that french fans saying "ole" because they're happy is arrogance and that english fans would never do that. :shakehead

No, you said:

"So after three straight days of battles and injuries, it's still not England's fans fault?
They were attacked right?

Same thing every two years, great."

Clearly saying that I was saying that it was none of their fault. Which, I of course wasn't.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Where did anyone defend them again?

Everyone knows English fans have been doing assaulting, vandalism, stealing the last few days. Everyone knows the Russians do it every tournament.

You probably haven't read this thread and the other one.
Or else ... :dunno:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

https://streamable.com/mpb1

This is assault.

I don't think anyone would actually defend these English fans. Somebody said the stuff today was primarily Russian ultras and that appears to be true. The vast majority of the traveling English support are racist, anti-semite Chelsea/Millwall fans. I don't think many here are the type to associate with those kinds of people. But saying somebody was assaulted is truthful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad