Euro: Group B: England vs. Russia, 6/11/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
England

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders: Ryan Betrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham), Ross Barkley (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Russia

Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev (CSKA Moscow), Guilherme (Lokomotiv Moscow), Yuri Lodygin (Zenit St Petersburg).

Defenders: Alexei Berezutski (CSKA Moscow), Vasili Berezutski (CSKA Moscow), Sergei Ignashevich (CSKA Moscow), Dmitri Kombarov (Spartak Moscow), Roman Neustadter (Schalke 04), Georgi Schennikov (CSKA Moscow), Roman Shishkin (Lokomotiv Moscow), Igor Smolnikov (Zenit)

Midfielders: Artur Yusupov (Zenit St Petersburg), Denis Glushakov (Spartak Moscow), Alexander Golovin (CSKA Moscow), Oleg Ivanov (Terek Grozny), Pavel Mamaev (Krasnodar), Alexander Samedov (Lokomotiv Moscow), Oleg Shatov (Zenit St Petersburg), Roman Shirokov (CSKA Moscow), Dimitri Torbinski (Krasnodar)

Forwards: Artem Dzyuba (Zenit St Petersburg), Alexander Kokorin (Zenit St Petersburg), Fedor Smolov (Krasnodar)

Russia did lose many of their best players heading into the tournament, but they have a set way of playing that England does not. While England is more talented, their history shows that they tend to have issues with these kinds of teams.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Russia takes the snooze fest late in 2nd half.

That does seem like the russian-NT thing to do. Pull off the surprise opening match win, before proceeding to choke away progression because they got cocky.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not that I'm on the England bandwagon, but for some reason I think this will be an "easy" 2:0 type win for England in the sense that Russia probably won't trouble them much, I'm actually very down on Russia in this tournament and I have them finishing 3rd in the group

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Russia sux this year. Their team is very old. England should beat them but I don't feel that they have a super strong squad either. So 1-1?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Apparently, Russian mobs were running around looking for a fight, chasing England supporters down side streets. I get that its chic to rag on the English (especially their behavior when they're on the continent), but based on what I'm reading I don't think you can lay these last two days primarily at their feet.

One England supporter in critical condition.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Go to watch a game, get your head kicked in while the chicken **** police watches on. Seems like a logical flow of events.

Russian hoolings are the scum of the earth.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Go to watch a game, get your head kicked in while the chicken **** police watches on. Seems like a logical flow of events.

Russian hoolings are the scum of the earth.

They were also violent in Poland before the Czech and Poland games.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So after three straight days of battles and injuries, it's still not England's fans fault?
They were attacked right?

Same thing every two years, great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad