GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Country > Prospect

GO CANADA!!! :yo:

How much is Nordic going to complain about officiating in this game? That's my main question.

Anyways, I'll go with 4-3 Sweden. I have no confidence in our goaltending.

EDIT: Also, are Sens fans forgetting that Cowen's on Team Canada? A Gold Medal would do wonders for his confidence.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Canada wins 6-4

Goals for Canada - Schenn, Schenn, Schenn, Schenn, Eberle, Parise

Sweden - Fasth, Fasth, Fasth, Lehner

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
This should be a poll question. I would vote in the 5-10 range.

I think you're really under-estimating his whining potential. Did you know that if it wasn't for the referees, Canada would not have won a single tournament?

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
"Run" you say....?

:sarcasm: And yes I know the puck race was not really a dive. But funny nonetheless. Robin's more likely to take after his teammate in Bingo, Barry Brust.

Or do something like this...

Yeah I hope so, but I fully expect that Canada will tun Lehner if they get the chance as it is important to try to get him off his game. Markström wasn't and isn't the same class, but he still got an ugly knee/lower leg which balance out his flopping.

Anyway it would be an upset if Sweden wins this but not an unlikely one.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Canada takes this. Our team seems focused and on a mission. We really seemed to kick it into full gear in the 3rd period against the Russians and haven't really let up since. I'd like to see that continue tonight and put the Swedes away early so we can all begin our New Years celebrations :)

Go Canada!

Swep

Dec 31, 2010
Sundsvall
2-1 Sweden. Lander scores both. He always steps up in the big games!
Lehner takes 40 shots.

We may not have as good individual players as we had the last few years, but I believe we have a stronger team than in many years.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
This game has definitely lost a lot of hype because of the absences. Not just Landeskog, Kassian and Schwartz, but with guys like Josefson and OEL not released to play.

Don't forget about Paajarvi.

Most teams are missing key players. Canada is missing a bunch - playing in NHL, injured or suspended. Nature of the beast...

Sweden missing players means more than Canada missing, since Canada has a gazillion players to choose from.

Sweden will win by 4-2.
Canada sucks if the referees are nutreal.

They don't, and that's the point. They don't need the helpof refs to win, but they still get it.

How much is Nordic going to complain about officiating in this game? That's my main question.

This should be a poll question. I would vote in the 5-10 range.

Stay tuned:laugh:;)

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
I have no trust in Roy. He seems to let in one weak one every game, and against teams like Sweden, you cant have that. I want Visentin in there.

However, I say we'll take it, but it will be closer that the pre-tourney game.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Please be mindful of the rules today folks. We know the importance of today's game and the great rivalry we've had in recent years between Canada and Sweden at the Junior level but lets enjoy the game with civility and respect for one another, please. Thank you.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Tbh after years in this tournament id'e rather beat canda in a final, also if we lose we get revenge against US :P

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Roy is starting? :facepalm: I dont trust him at all. He has looked very shaky so far. Sweden very well could win this.

Give Visitine a start in an important game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad