GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Hmm. Only marquee 7 pm game is the Norway one?

Canada again 6-3

Looking over TSN's scouting report of this game, this game is for first place

Should be a good one

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Swedish fans, media and players always hype up the game when we face Canada, and it _never_ plays in our favor. I know canadians don't look on it as a rivalry, but for many swedes, there is no other country we rather beat then Canada(with the possible exception of Finland).
The Swedish team needs to look at this game as a game, nothing more. If they work hard and do their job on a consistent basis, this game could be close. Lehner needs to stand on his head and the swedish players need to make sure no ****** canadian player goes to rough on him. Hold the crease clear and make them shoot from bad lanes, and this could be a close one.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Canada should win, considering Sweden played last night. I think Lehner has to play out of his mind to get us the win here.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Btw; aren't these groups pretty skewed?

Group 1
Canada
Sweden
Czech Rep
Russia
scrub

Group 2
Usa
Finland
Slovakia
Switzerland
scrub

All teams in group 1 are better than the second best team in group 2, and three of the teams in group 1 is as good, or better, than the best in group 2.

Doesn't seem like a fair lay-out.

Group A has the numbers 2,3,6 & 7 from last years tournament plus the No.1 from the 1B division
Group B has the numbers 1,4,5 & 8 from last years tournament plus the No.1 from the 1A division

Pretty fair I'd say.

It will be interesting to see how this match works out. In the pre-tournament friendly Roy put in a very good goalkeeping performance and Canada were very effective in front of goal. If either of those improves for the better of Sweden I think they have a good chance to win.

Fingers crossed that neither team can have any complaints about the refs.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Swedes can't score more than one goal on Canadian teams, and our goalies and defencemen always play sub-par against the North Americans too.

Lehner needs to be even better than he was against Russia, if we're going to stand a snowball's chance in hell.

It'll be interesting to see how big a part the refs will play. It's like Wikegård said; the only situation I tend to have much to say about the refs, is when we face Canada.

I hope this game will prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wikegård always has something to say about the refs, its funny how he says that he usually only has a problem with them vs. Canada but at the same time goes on and on about them being **** in both matches so far. You should really take what Wikegård says with a huge pinch of salt.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Nah. We have the worst team in the last 3 years - and this year we even have Paajarvi, Josefsson & OEL in the NHL, and Landeskog probably won't play either.

We looked really sloppy against the Czech's, our defence looked like utter crap.

We lost the exhibition game 4-1, I predict the same result in this game.

The top-end talent might not be there like before, but this is a better "team" in every sense of the word. And they're not physically intimidated by Canada, which I don't think you can always say about Swedish junior teams. They will have to stay disciplined. If they take stupid, retaliatory penalties to prove how tough they are, they will lose. Canada's defence is suspect too. Use your speed and it will crack.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
The top-end talent might not be there like before, but this is a better "team" in every sense of the word. And they're not physically intimidated by Canada, which I don't think you can always say about Swedish junior teams. They will have to stay disciplined. If they take stupid, retaliatory penalties to prove how tough they are, they will lose. Canada's defence is suspect too. Use your speed and it will crack.

Canada always step it up when it matters, while Sweden take a step back and make stupid mistakes. I'm also worried that Sweden will focus too much on not being intimidated and play tough, which will take them out of the game.

We aren't Canada, and we can't play Canadian hockey better than they can.

It's funny how there always sees to be bad blood when we face eachother, haha...

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
5-3 Sweden. They look like they're ready to break their 30-year drought. Playing with skill, speed and intensity.

5-3 Sweden

We lost the exhibition game 4-1, I predict the same result in this game.

4-1 Canada

I think this "blue collar" Canadian team will "suprise" us with a pretty dominant 5-1 win and we can finally cut the ******** about Canada not being the favourite.

5-1 Canada

Sweden will win with 10 - 0...... if my dreams come true. But they wont. Tho i belive that Sweden will win. 5 - 4 or 5 - 3. Its about time Sweden kicks Canadas ass in this tournament.

5-3/4 Sweden

Canada again 6-3

6-3 Canada

14-21(22) in goal difference if you trust the brain trust of the HF boards;)

I guess Canada will win 7-0 or 8-1, poor Lehner:cry:

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
This game has definitely lost a lot of hype because of the absences. Not just Landeskog, Kassian and Schwartz, but with guys like Josefson and OEL not released to play.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
The offense was average even with landeskog, if we had some snipers with this workethic......
This will be up to the järnkrok line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad