GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
If Sweden would have MSP, OEL and Landeskog this could have been close. Now Canada will win without breaking a sweat, 4-0.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Swedish fans, media and players always hype up the game when we face Canada, and it _never_ plays in our favor. I know canadians don't look on it as a rivalry, but for many swedes, there is no other country we rather beat then Canada(with the possible exception of Finland).
The Swedish team needs to look at this game as a game, nothing more. If they work hard and do their job on a consistent basis, this game could be close. Lehner needs to stand on his head and the swedish players need to make sure no ****** canadian player goes to rough on him. Hold the crease clear and make them shoot from bad lanes, and this could be a close one.

I disagree, as a Canadian I take it as a rivalry, everyone hypes the Canada-U.S rivalry for obvious reasons. But remember, the U.S up until last year weren't really a big threat in the World Juniors. Sweden on the other hand has always been there at the top, they may haven't won but the past 3 or 4 years Sweden has either faced Canada in the semi's or finals. I definitely look at Sweden as a rival. I think Canada will win 4-2, it'll be closer then some people think. I think our goaltending has been suspect at times, and Sweden even though are missing some key pieces to their team from the past few years can still score. We should never take Sweden lightly because like I said Sweden are always a threat in this tournament.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
If Sweden would have MSP, OEL and Landeskog this could have been close. Now Canada will win without breaking a sweat, 4-0.

If you want those guys back we'll just completely replace our center group and move guys like Schenn and Johansen to the wing.

Kassian out, Schwartz out, Eakin's a maybe, Dehaan was hurt, Olsen in, Roy in...if Sweden's going to beat us, tonight isn't a bad night to do it.

Analyzer*

Sweden is a stingy team, so I saw 3-1 with the 3rd being an empty netter.

With that said, Montréal needs to draft more swedes.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
If you want those guys back we'll just completely replace our center group and move guys like Schenn and Johansen to the wing.

Kassian out, Schwartz out, Eakin's a maybe, Dehaan was hurt, Olsen in, Roy in...if Sweden's going to beat us, tonight isn't a bad night to do it.

Yeah, good point. All I ment was that we need ALL of our players to be fit and in good form to have a chance in a game vs Canada. If OEL and MSP was in this tourney and Landeskog fit I would give us a small chance to challenge for the gold medals.

You guys can miss a handful of guys (even stars) and it would hardly be noticeable.

Davebo*

Most teams are missing key players. Canada is missing a bunch - playing in NHL, injured or suspended. Nature of the beast...

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Yeah, good point. All I ment was that we need ALL of our players to be fit and in good form to have a chance in a game vs Canada. If OEL and MSP was in this tourney and Landeskog fit I would give us a small chance to challenge for the gold medals.

You guys can miss a handful of guys (even stars) and it would hardly be noticeable.

You guys may be tearing down your chances in this game pre-maturely. We play a really hard-nosed game that could bring out the worst in the Swedes but we are injured in several areas.

Missing Duchene, Skinner, Seguin, O'Reilly, Kane, Hall is extremely noticeable. You guys go into tonights game with about as good of a chance as you'll ever have. That's not a shot at Sweden but this tournament has a way of leveling the playing field to some degree...and we are facing injuries as well.

I've been uncomfortable with Oliver Roy all tournament, compare him to the polish and size of Lehner and you'll see why.

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
3-2 Canada

Not too confident this game though... I could see Sweden taking it. I think it'll be close either way. And what's going to take for Olsen to get off the top pairing? Kid almost ****ing scores on his own team and he's still there.

Last edited:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
If Lehner plays decent and is not run then this game will be low scoring with a lot of chances. In fact he is the most important player on the ice taken both teams, he can win the game.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
I think Canada has the offensive edge where as Sweden has the defensive/goal-tending. I think Canada will win by a goal. Should be a great game though.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
If Lehner plays decent and is not run then this game will be low scoring with a lot of chances. In fact he is the most important player on the ice taken both teams, he can win the game.

"Run" you say....?

:sarcasm: And yes I know the puck race was not really a dive. But funny nonetheless. Robin's more likely to take after his teammate in Bingo, Barry Brust.

Or do something like this...

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
"Run" you say....?

:sarcasm: And yes I know the puck race was not really a dive. But funny nonetheless. Robin's more likely to take after his teammate in Bingo, Barry Brust.

Or do something like this...

Markstrom was epically embarassing in 09. Just flopping around like a fish on land.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I feel for u Canadian sens fans... This is how I felt last year watchig Markstrom vs the US...

Meh, Lehner's got a lot to gain from this game and not much to lose IMO. He's already become the talk of the tournament as far as goaltenders go with just one game played :laugh:. In all reality though this game is the biggest one Lehner's ever played from a prospect status POV...like it or not. A third of the population will be watching this game...and the Canadian media has been hyping him.

I'm actually just excited to see both our guys play in a hyped up match. Cowen's value will only really be noticed against the tougher teams and Lehner gets a chance to show what he can do when the stakes are high and the atmosphere against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad