GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
That's why they become NHL goalies and the rest play in beer leagues.

So you`re telling me that if a goalie, even in the NHL, is staring at a puck coming at his head, atleast 8 times out of 10 he wouldn`t duck. And I don`t just mean any shot. I mean one that he clearly see`s and knows is not going to hit anything to make it change direction. That`s ridiculous. It`s not something you can teach or change. It`s human nature.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Durign this tournament I've seen Olsen, Roy, Leblanc, Schenn(he might break the record for points in a tournament:facepalm:), it was mentiond we should have left Cizikas of for Toffoli:facepalm:, Visentin was absolutely destroyed for giving up a goal against Norway I mean who hasn't got it? It's ridiculous.

No it's bored/drunk/stupid Canadians on HF demanding perfection from their World Junior team.

They do this to guys on all teams they cheer for. Pretty standard stuff around here.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Fun game. It feels like one of those games Canada finds a way to win. They usually do when it looks like this but the bounces going their way.

Yeah. An odd man rush, a bounce and a powerplay and they will win this game 7-4. Still, I'm enjoying the fine swedish play as long as it lasts.

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
I'm happy that the period ended for Canada, i really didn't like the way they played. Some adjustments coming between the 2nd and 3rd.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
God i love junior hockey, i dont even care who wins(thanks alcohol). Happy new year Swedes.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
In the room we need a Dan Bylsma speech about a tied game with 20 miles left. This game is very winnable, go a take it.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Team Canada is simply not moving their feet at all, everyone is standing still and they all look terrified.

Team Sweden looks great, winning battles, amazing team speed, props to them.

One of the strangest hockey games I've ever seen.

oilerfanatic

Oct 12, 2005
Siberia
So what? MAF folded under pressure and won a cup in the NHL and is a solid NHL starter...Schenn wasn't very good last year and is now lighting it up....one tournament doesn't define a 19 year old prospect

lets compare MAF and Roy if we make it to the gold medal game..right now it looks like roy will be the reason why won't get there.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
So you`re telling me that if a goalie, even in the NHL, is staring at a puck coming at his head, atleast 8 times out of 10 he wouldn`t duck. And I don`t just mean any shot. I mean one that he clearly see`s and knows is not going to hit anything to make it change direction. That`s ridiculous. It`s not something you can teach or change. It`s human nature.

I've seen NHL goalies move their heads AT pucks, let alone just stay still.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Don`t even begin to talk about Olivier Roy. You`re basing this off of what? The 4 games you`ve seen him play? I`ve watched him for 2-3 years and people say after time that`s when you start to see flaws. Roy got better as time progressed in Cape Breton before being traded to Acadie-Bathurst in an attempt to rebuild our roster. The fact people here think they are smarter or better are judging who should and shouldn`t play more than the Team Canada coaches is ridiculous. Especially when it`s Dave Cameron, who has every reason to play Visentin, with him playing in the OHL. They know what they`re doing.

As far as ducking, yes it`s noticeable, but a lot of shots are going at his head, and he`s a smaller goalie. Most times pucks go at a goalies helmet it`s through traffic and he can`t see them. You can`t say it`s a bad thing when you duck because a solid piece of rubber is flying at your head at high speed. That`s human nature. You can`t break that habit. You`re built to duck when somethings coming at your face.

So he's small, plays on his knees, he'll be ducking for his whole career. Sounds like a carpell tunnel neck injury in the making:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I can't speak for other games, but over the course of a tournament, lots of guys get critisized. I've seen a lot of Swedes bashed on this thread, too. Don't make it a Canadian thing.

Those who haven't the ability to play, watch. Those that watch critisize, sad but it is what it is.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Renberg has been starting the new years partying already. He says 5'10 Patrik Cehlin has good size.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Every goal Canada has gotten, has been due to stupid miskates by the Swedes.:rant:

This is a really awesome hockey game though, the Canadians usually have their strongest period in the 3:rd.

Once again, cudos to the refs for letting them play and not favouring either team. Where are the head refs from?

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
MAF had one bad goal at a bad time in a tournament, but he was a million times better than this kid is.

He let in a few soft goals on his 2nd time around as starter. Those goals plus an awful play = folding under pressure IMO. I was simply responding to someone that said anyone that folds in a game is never going to be a good player. How many of you guys were a part of the Schenn bashing during game one? All of those people look like morons right now.

Anyways, the kid just isn't playing his best when his team needs him. He was struggling a bit coming into the trny and he is fighting the puck at a really bad time. I don't think one tournament will dictate his entire career.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Probably one of the weaker Canadian teams in awhile, I know Schenn has been good but they really lack some forward star power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->