World Cup: Group A: Russia vs. Egypt, 6/19/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kap-the-Head

Jan 7, 2006
Saint Charles, IL
Is Juventus going to pay for Golovin the asking price? Besides the botched counter I thought he was essential in creating almost every attack...

Ordered my Golovin jersey :)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The first team in Playoffs )
From now only top teams ahead

Not yet, at least officially.

Only way Russia DOESN'T advance is if Saudi Arabia wins their next two games, and then the Russians lose to Uruguay.

Even if all of that were to miraculously happen, I think the Russians would still get through on goal differential. :laugh:

Reactions: Randyne

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Good on the Russians....nice to see the host do well.

They can win the group by beating Uruguay...I won't say its not possible.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Anyways this tournament was obviously in Russia’s favour. Terrible division. Putin and Russia would look awful if they didn’t get to the next round.

Hope their destroyed in the round of 16

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I've never heard of Russia's #11 but I think he played really well today.
Yes. Solid midfielder who always gives 100% and plays for my favorite team Spartak Moscow. He doesn't score a lot though.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Contrary to what RAWK thinks, I actually don't think Salah was affected by his injury much. He looked fit and good to go. He was simply isolated. Relying on just one guy like that may work in African qualifying but against European competition in a WC that's a different story.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah I don't think Salah looked limited at all. So if he actually was fit for the first game or even close to being able to play and he never came on, that's madness.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah I don't think Salah looked limited at all. So if he actually was fit for the first game or even close to being able to play and he never came on, that's madness.

He only took full training for one day. There was also a report from Egypt days ago that other players had to help him put his shirt on.

I thought he was shying away from physical contact quite a bit during the game. He still played well because he always does, but he wasn't the same player that goes bulldozing shoulder-first into challenges with other players. His injury wasn't the reason they lost, but not being able to form chemistry with the players in training leading into the game would have had some impact.

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad