World Cup: Group A: Russia vs. Egypt, 6/19/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I think Uruguay will wind up experimenting in the last game. Not to prematurely make an excuse, but that's what I would do. There's no difference in playing Spain or Portugal.

They did luck into that group. Not to make the second stage would be a complete disgrace for the team.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Wow, looks like it'll be an early flight home for Egypt. If Uruguay tops Saudia Arabia that pretty much wraps up Group A, no?
Yep, a Uruguay win tomorrow would put them and Russia through to the knockouts, obviously as long as Russia hangs on for the win here.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The color guy "They were tugging each other, good non call" Is he on drugs?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, Egypt player actually tied the defenseman's shirt first.

In any case, Russia might face weak teams on paper, but so have plenty of favourites who have struggled.
Kudos to them to getting the job done and doing it in style.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think Uruguay will wind up experimenting in the last game. Not to prematurely make an excuse, but that's what I would do. There's no difference in playing Spain or Portugal.

Nah, Uruguay has to top the group to make sure they're on the same side of the bracket as us, France, Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia & Spain/Portugal.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
inspiring effort from Russia to get into the next round. They play a very good unselfish team game. Good test vs Uruguay and not needing any points is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad