World Cup: Group A: Russia vs. Egypt, 6/19/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Strange lineup Cherchesov has chosen also. But it has been working so far.

I was surprised that Gazinsky even made the roster, and he is starting.

Also, I would have thought that Al. Miranchuk would be Dzagoev’s understudy while Cheryshev sits at the end of the bench.

Can’t complain with the results though.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Strange lineup Cherchesov has chosen also. But it has been working so far.

I was surprised that Gazinsky even made the roster, and he is starting.

Also, I would have thought that Al. Miranchuk would be Dzagoev’s understudy while Cheryshev sits at the end of the bench.

Can’t complain with the results though.
Imagine if Denisov replaced Gazinsky. This team would have rock solid midfield

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
You don’t want him to be on your team.
Sure he is talented, but any sign of adversity and he starts to sulk and his game falls apart. One of the biggest wastes of talent I’ve seen.
Ugh, what? Dzyuba's biggest quality is his ability to elevate his game under pressure and when he's challenged, we've seen that in the CL, biggest RPL games and now in the World Cup. Sure, he'll play best when he feels the coach's trust, but I don't think his mental ability is his downside at all.

If you want to see a waste of talent, it's Smolov, who can kiss a goodbye to all the superlub invitations he wanted to have. Absolutely useless in the 1st game, then is sent to the field in the 80th minutes and just walks around. What an outsider on this team.

Zobnin, the Spartak native. He is the club's hopeful future...
Um... no.

Reactions: Pouchkine

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Ugh, what? Dzyuba's biggest quality is his ability to elevate his game under pressure and when he's challenged, we've seen that in the CL, biggest RPL games and now in the World Cup. Sure, he'll play best when he feels the coach's trust, but I don't think his mental ability is his downside at all.

If you want to see a waste of talent, it's Smolov, who can kiss a goodbye to all the superlub invitations he wanted to have. Absolutely useless in the 1st game, then is sent to the field in the 80th minutes and just walks around. What an outsider on this team.

Dzyuba has outplayed Smolov, no doubt, but I still think they should switch.

Dzyuba is effective when the midfield gets him the ball, but against top teams it will be tougher.

Smolov is far more capable of dropping down and helping the midfield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad