GDT: WCSF - Game 2: Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri. May 10th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Change That Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks outplayed and won game one but idk why the fan base thinks the series is over. I know it’s been a while Vancouver but you need to win 4 in the second round too.
Don’t confuse the Canucks fanbase with your own. We know it’s not over.
You guys were thumping your chests and picking the Oilers in a sweep or 5 games before the series started.
Glad to see a little more humility now.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Don’t confuse the Canucks fanbase with your own. We know it’s not over.
You guys were thumping your chests and picking the Oilers in a sweep or 5 games before the series started.
Glad to see a little more humility now.
Was there actually Oilers fans saying they were happy they got the Canucks for the 2nd round over the Preds ? I heard that some were saying it but never noticed it myself. That takes a special kind of arrogance if that was the case.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Refs need to start calling it fairly. Edmonton didn't get a single power play last game (aside from automatic bench when they scored). Canucks got 3.

Oilers has no issues with Canucks getting powerplays but it can not be so shamelessly one sided.

Oilers fans in full on panic mode now. Interesting turn of events from the chest thumping we saw leading up to game 1.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Refs need to start calling it fairly. Edmonton didn't get a single power play last game (aside from automatic bench when they scored). Canucks got 3.

Oilers has no issues with Canucks getting powerplays but it can not be so shamelessly one sided.
are you not going to mention that one of the vancouver power plays also wasn't subjective

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

The refs in Game 1 were fantastic.

Edmonton isn't going to be getting all kinds of manufactured PPs when the whole game is being played in their end of the rink.

When the Oiler fans Big Blown Call was an iffy gloved puck in a non-dangerous area, you know a 1-goal playoff game has been reffed well.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Oilers fans in full on panic mode now. Interesting turn of events from the chest thumping we saw leading up to game 1.
Panic mode? I'm very confident in this team. I don't expect there to be zero penalties called on the Canucks.

Oilers scored on their automatic penalty for the bench infraction and not a single call all night.

Once again I have zero issues with Canucks on the pp. Just cannot be so one sided. The funny thing is as for "panic mode" apparently all I've been hearing about all day is "da league sent Sutherland cuz he hate us" Surrey tier caveman talk.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Panic mode? I'm very confident in this team. I don't expect there to be zero penalties called on the Canucks.

Oilers scored on their automatic penalty for the bench infraction and not a single call all night.

Once again I have zero issues with Canucks on the pp. Just cannot be so one sided. The funny thing is as for "panic mode" apparently all I've been hearing about all day is "da league sent Sutherland cuz he hate us" Surrey tier caveman talk.
It's not even puck drop and you're already at an "11". Take a nice walk and relax, dude. Everything will be ok.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Most fans want to see the game officiated in that middle ground where it’s not “by the letter of the rule book” which results in a penalty feat and no flow and “let them play” where nothing is called and it becomes anarchy.

Penalties in a general sense fall into 2 groups.

Undisciplined. Self inflicted where you are over aggressive or careless or lazy. Hands/elbows are high, stick isn’t in the ice, not moving your feet is what will get you into trouble. If your opponent plays well, they won’t commit these fouls. This fewer PP chances for your team.

What your team can control is putting pressure on the opposition and forcing them into mistakes. Means winning battles. Force them to take penalties as a last resort.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
The refs in Game 1 were fantastic.

Edmonton isn't going to be getting all kinds of manufactured PPs when the whole game is being played in their end of the rink.

When the Oiler fans Big Blown Call was an iffy gloved puck in a non-dangerous area, you know a 1-goal playoff game has been reffed well.

Well see how much you feel the refs were "fantastic" when it's 4 1 penalty calls the other way. All day I've heard apparently how worried you guys are about Sutherland. I guess it's a thing. Pre game "panic mode". "the league sent their best to get us" 😂

Reactions: Summer Rose

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

One sided? 3-1 was a little too much for you? You'd be happy with 3-2?

Fans when their team isn't involved: Call the game properly. Don't game manage.

Fans when their team is involved: The refs need to even up the calls. This isn't fair!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Well see how much you feel the refs were "fantastic" when it's 4 1 penalty calls the other way. All day I've heard apparently how worried you guys are about Sutherland. I guess it's a thing. Pre game "panic mode". "the league sent their best to get us" 😂

If we spend the whole game in your zone again and it's 4-1 PP advantages in your favour on rinky-dink calls of course I'll be upset.

But that isn't what happened in Game 1. You were badly outplayed and the PPs were 3-1, and legitimately so. No neutral fan would have had the slightest issue with the reffing.

If you want to draw PPs, maybe don't go 23 minutes without a SOG.

Also the Canucks went 0-3 on the PP and Edmonton went 1-1 so it didn't even affect the game in Vancouver's favour.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018

The Canucks shutout Nashville in game 6 closing out the series and didn’t get a single power play. Stop your whining and go grab a snickers.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If we spend the whole game in your zone again and it's 4-1 PP advantages in your favour on rinky-dink calls of course I'll be upset.

But that isn't what happened in Game 1. You were badly outplayed and the PPs were 3-1, and legitimately so. No neutral fan would have had the slightest issue with the reffing.

If you want to draw PPs, maybe don't go 23 minutes without a SOG.

Also the Canucks went 0-3 on the PP and Edmonton went 1-1 so it didn't even affect the game in Vancouver's favour.
1715382314390.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad