GDT: Group A - May 21 - Canada vs USA

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Canada is playing a near perfect game... amazing team defense, AV is doing a good job

big save from Murray

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
USA looks better on paper , except their goaltending is too hit or miss with Schneider and Demko. To me Demko > Schneider and that's coming from a Devils fan.
USA forwards >>Canada
USA defence > Canada
Goaltending Canada > USA

Anybody is better than Schneider in my opinion. He fails big time. Hopefully Blackwood becomes our main starter.

Reactions: NinjaKick

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I said before that this team is still a contender for gold and can go for it if they mesh well together. Todays game gives me confidence, but the medal round is a ***tch to us sometimes. The swiss wont be no pushover in the quarters.

Reactions: NinjaKick

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Would Tavares have given us more then what we are getting from Dubois right now? I have my doubts.
Tavares would have improved Canadas depth immensely and it also sucks that McDavid got injured in a completely pointless last game with the Oilers

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Anybody is better than Schneider in my opinion. He fails big time. Hopefully Blackwood becomes our main starter.
He accepted only because Blashill promised him prime goalie position, looking forward how he catches against Russia.

Theroalder

Jul 21, 2016
It's sorta become blah in the last few minutes. We've played the perfect game tho so I'll take it.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Tavares would have improved the team immensely and it also sucks that McDavid got injured in a completely pointless last game with the Oilers
Sure he would have, but Dubois is basically the replacement for him. I am looking at it from this angle, still would have loved if Johnny T could have been here along with Dubois.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I said before that this team is still a contender for gold and can go for it if they mesh well together. Todays game gives me confidence, but the medal round is a ***tch to us sometimes. The swiss wont be no pushover in the quarters.

They are definitely on par with Canada this year, not Germany level.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Nice to have good goaltending.

Well done boys!

-Murray
-Turris
-Dubois
-Severson
-Nurse
-Couturier
-Stone
-Joseph
-Cirelli

Last edited:

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
So that was just a pretty thorough dismantling of a US team that probably should have won. When you are outskilled, you have to exploit weaknesses, and that's pretty much what Canada did.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Damn solid game for Canada.Choked off Eichel, Kane and Gaudreau for the most part, skated hard and grinded it out all game, blocked shots, opportunistic, great goal tending. That is how you win hockey games as a team.

Just the clear better team today. Keep it up fellas!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad