GDT: Group A - May 21 - Canada vs USA

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
I see, there are plenty of leaf fans who would tell you marner is their best player but no matter, i still don't see what matthews has to do with this here.
Although Mathews I think is better than eichel I think marner is better than Mathews. And I'm not even a leafs fan

I remember the buffalo ownership when they got the second pick in the lottery. They knew who was the better player between eichel and mcdavid lol and they let it be known out of frustration lol

By the way, the reason USA is so good at u18 and u20 is due to the players playing together 80% of the time and knowing the coaches system.

Usntpd players are over hyped. Overhyped by tsn

I'd rather pick a player from ohl

Reactions: Dominance

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Although Mathews I think is better than eichel I think marner is better than Mathews. And I'm not even a leafs fan

I remember the buffalo ownership when they got the second pick in the lottery. They knew who was the better player between eichel and mcdavid lol and they let it be known out of frustration lol

By the way, the reason USA is so good at u18 and u20 is due to the players playing together 80% of the time and knowing the coaches system.

Usntpd players are over hyped. Overhyped by tsn

I'd rather pick a player from ohl
Some of what you say here is true, they are producing real good players though. of course none of that matters right now, we gotta focus on the Czechs compadre!!

SabresEichel

May 15, 2019
Southern NJ
I see, there are plenty of leaf fans who would tell you marner is their best player but no matter, i still don't see what matthews has to do with this here.

You were questioning as to why your supposed to be impressed with the Team USA winning 4 straight medals saying Canada did better in the past. You can't have it both ways the Toronto Maple Leafs drafted him the year he won the bronze medal in 2016 he's apart of the of the 4 medal teams you were quick to put down from a statistical level. He's way better then marner and a Canadian team needed Auston Matthews to make the leafs great again think about that.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
You were questioning as to why your supposed to be impressed with the Team USA winning 4 straight medals saying Canada did better in the past. You can't have it both ways the Toronto Maple Leafs drafted him the year he won the bronze medal in 2016 he's apart of the of the 4 medal teams you were quick to put down from a statistical level. He's way better then marner and a Canadian team needed Auston Matthews to make the leafs great again think about that.
Lol you probably have never watche marner play

Lol

By the way, Mathews has weak shoulders

And Pittsburgh needed Crosby to save them from going bankrupt

And Pittsburgh needed Lemieux to save them from going bankrupt

Who will save Pittsburgh now ?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Ah geez,please, no more.

SabresEichel

May 15, 2019
Southern NJ

Lol

By the way, Mathews has weak shoulders

And Pittsburgh needed Lemieux to save them from going bankrupt

Who will save Pittsburgh now ?

So Auston Matthews is like OVI he's on another level he went No.1 in the 2016 draft months later. He showed he belonged & entered the NHL he didn't need a year in the AHL or OHL or whatever like Marner did two American! Players were drafted before Mitch Marner Jack Eichel & Noah Hanifin so that is saying something Jack Eichel started in the NHL in his draft year Mitch Marner started a year after he was drafted Eichel is a great leader.I am happy how things turned out for Buffalo! I am relived they didn't pass on Eichel for Marner who we see a lot of due to our rivalry and he has never struck me as anything to write home about there is nothing noticeable about Marner. Whatsoever he's no Jack Eichel who whenever he takes the ice is noticeable he's a good American boy! Mitch is not his teammate Matthews who's set franchise records for rookies for the leafs & has gone through just a ridiculous level of scrutiny from grapes calling him out for his celebrations after scoring a goal just because he's.American that bias against non Canadians is so obvious & that man had success coaching in Boston but rips on Americans? One would think he coached the leafs not the bruins just based on how he comes across he treated OVI the same way for a long time.He's just a strange cat & didn't Crosby continue his hockey development at a U.S college ? Auston Mathews was never developed in the CHL so that Crosby comparison doesn't even make any sense at all. It's not like the leafs were going bankrupt or anything with all their sellouts they are a iconic franchise they are box office but it is obvious from from a talent level Matthews made them relevant again like it or not he's the reason why the leafs are contenders every season.They know it that's why they prioritized him when he was handed a big contract not Marner.

Last edited:

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
So Auston Matthews is like OVI he's on another level he went No.1 in the 2016 draft months later. He showed he belonged & entered the NHL he didn't need a year in the AHL or OHL or whatever like Marner did two American! Players were drafted before Mitch Marner Jack Eichel & Noah Hanifin so that is saying something Jack Eichel started in the NHL in his draft year Mitch Marner started a year after he was drafted Eichel is a great leader.I am happy how things turned out for Buffalo! I am relived they didn't pass on Eichel for Marner who we see a lot of due to our rivalry and he has never struck me as anything to write home about there is nothing noticeable about Marner. Whatsoever he's no Jack Eichel who whenever he takes the ice is noticeable he's a good American boy! Mitch is not his teammate Matthews who's set franchise records for rookies for the leafs & has gone through just a ridiculous level of scrutiny from grapes calling him out for his celebrations after scoring a goal just because he's.American that bias against non Canadians is so obvious & that man had success coaching in Boston but rips on Americans? One would think he coached the leafs not the bruins just based on how he comes across he treated OVI the same way for a long time.He's just a strange cat & didn't Crosby continue his hockey development at a U.S college ? Auston Mathews was never developed in the CHL so that Crosby comparison doesn't even make any sense at all. It's not like the leafs were going bankrupt or anything with all their sellouts they are a iconic franchise they are box office but it is obvious from from a talent level Matthews made them relevant again like it or not he's the reason why the leafs are contenders every season.They know it that's why they prioritized him when he was handed a big contract not Marner.

Bahahahaha

wait wait wait....Bwahahahahahaha

aren't you embarrassed ????

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Lol By the way, Mathews has weak shoulders

And Pittsburgh needed Lemieux to save them from going bankrupt Who will save Pittsburgh now ?

That is one of the funniest things i’ve read on here in awhile.

PS. Dr. J and a phish will save Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad