Euro: Group A: France vs. Romania, 6/10/2016

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Again, everybody s complaining how bad the French are.l I think the Romanians do a pretty good job so far.

Don't think that energy can last through the second half, though. They've offered almost nothing going forward.

We'd be talking a lot differently about that half if the Romanian chance went in in the 3rd minute.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Again, everybody s complaining how bad the French are.l I think the Romanians do a pretty good job so far.

I agree with you. I think they use their body pretty well. They lack real danger going forward, though. Their passing needs to improve.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Romania looking damn decent all things considered.

As a first gen Romanian American it would be nice if they could make some noise in this tournament but my hopes aren't high.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
IIRC Romania conceded just 2 goals in the qualification round and scored just 12. That tells something.

If the French score the Romanians (probably) won't come back.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Romania has developed less players with good technique since the days of communist development. Mutu and Chivu are two of the ones I can think of. Not sure if the two are related but I think it's worth mentioning.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Romania has developed less players with good technique since the days of communist development. Mutu and Chivu are two of the ones I can think of. Not sure if the two are related but I think it's worth mentioning.

They are connected. In those days sport was the one thing which was developed in a good way, as having a good team was seen as a good picture of a country. You could draw a parallel with Slovakia in hockey.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton

They are the only two players worth mentioning post Hagi generation. More Chivu than Mutu, who was a mess personality wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad