Euro: Group A: France vs. Albania, 6/15/2016

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pains me for Albania. They played without their top defenseman and captain and deserved the point.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Yeah it was only a matter of time, France had been squandering all their chance. I could have easily been 5-0.... Albania clearly doesn't belong in this tournament.

This isn't an attack on you, cause I've seen these comments everywhere from countless people, but these kind of remarks really annoy me. They qualified, finished ahead of Serbia and Denmark if memory serves. These guys are playing their hearts out and will have lost by one goal to Switzerland and France. So full marks to them in their maiden tournament.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
France haven't been convincing at all. Albania did superbly but they were going to break at some point.

They didn't get any relief. Yet the Albanian goalie didn't really have any hard safe to make. They did what they could, but they were not superb.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Payet have been a favourite player of mine since he played in Lille and this guy just gets better with age. Amazing.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Albania have to open up now for their final game, as they likely need to win by at least two goals. France unconvincing but they won't face a threat until the semis, they will face more of these bunker teams

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No doubt Payet seems in a lot of confidence.
Before this year, he had stretches like that and then was invisible for a longer stretch. This year, he's hot every game.

But Kanté was better tonight. He was better last time too until the Payet goal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Even in 98 we were playing poorly but still easily beat the weaker teams in the group stage.

*sigh*

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This isn't an attack on you, cause I've seen these comments everywhere from countless people, but these kind of remarks really annoy me. They qualified, finished ahead of Serbia and Denmark if memory serves. These guys are playing their hearts out and will have lost by one goal to Switzerland and France. So full marks to them in their maiden tournament.

Full marks to them, but my gripe is with the number of teams in this tournament. Going from 16 to 24 has clearly led to these sort of games where several teams are clearly over-matched but their game tactics solely involve parking the bus and time wasting...I know results like draws and points are good for their respective nations, but it doesn't make for pleasant watching.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
France's group has teams that can't create offense to save their lives

Looking forward to Rami-Sagna-Evra vs teams that have actual firepower

They won't face an attacking team until the semis thanks to UEFA's unbalanced knockout stage where the winners of A and D don't face a group winner until the semis while the Group E winner faces Group D runner-up then a group winner already in quarters

France will win the group likely, then in the R16 likely Ukraine (if they beat NIR) then in the quarters potentially the winner of runner-up B/runner-up F (I would guess Wales/Hungary)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad