Euro: Group A: France vs. Albania, 6/15/2016

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Desperate times for DD... :laugh: Gignac now.

I wonder how many goals Ben Arfa would have if he had started the last two games... :sarcasm:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Totally. But Pogba is playing like ****. Just like the first game.
Bench him for a LONG time IMO.

I don't think he's playing like **** though. That play was a very poor decision, but I wouldn't say he's playing like ****. He's not been as good as Kante or Matuidi thus far (both matches) if you ask me, but I wouldn't call him ****. I think he's clearly not performing at his level though.

And despite the pundits and despite the scoreline (assuming it stays this way), France aren't playing poorly. Room for improvement to be sure, but they've looked good this half.

Now why is Giroud going off?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I disagree with them looking good. They've been decent this half.

But those guys are playing against really low level players and can't even force the goalie to make a save.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I disagree with them looking good. They've been decent this half.

But those guys are playing against really low level players and can't even force the goalie to make a save.

I'd say good, which for me is just above decent. Again, not close to great, but for me good and you've seen some good performances out there.

Gignac's first touch is bad...

Dembele was an option for DD no?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'd say good, which for me is just above decent. Again, not close to great, but for me good and you've seen some good performances out there.

Gignac's first touch is bad...

Dembele was an option for DD no?
Of course he was an option.
Never for DD however.

Gignac has nothing to do on this NT obviously. Even if he scores here, he's just not good enough on a team with France's depth.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The Albanians are doing a good job so far. A few years back it would have been a 6:0 game. Good that times change.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Because he missed many glorious chances. The guy needs 4838373 chances before.finally scoring one. With Benz, France would lead by 4.

He put a header off the post at least and he was putting in the work. He was helping to defend and press.

The Albanians are doing a good job so far. A few years back it would have been a 6:0 game. Good that times change.

I think this has to be taken into consideration here. They're putting in the work rate on top of parking the bus. I'm not praising the tactic, but it's not easy to break down.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Griezmann.

Who would have though playing your best player would help you win???

**** YOU DD !

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yeah it was only a matter of time, France had been squandering all their chance. It could have easily been 5-0.... Albania clearly doesn't belong in this tournament.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Bummer. Albania would have deserved that point. Couldn't get a ball on the net till now. Of course France is still clearly the better team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1-0 unconvincing win was what I wrote earlier today. Yup.

And DD might realize we don't need Giroud to score. Even in the air. Payet/Griezmann/Coman please.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yep nice cross Rami indeed.

Gignac looks like he's playing in a low level league right now... Wait, he IS !

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
France haven't been convincing at all. Albania did superbly but they were going to break at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad