GDT: Group A • May 3 • Russia 4, Slovakia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
43.38 3-4 Morozov (Atyushov, Kaigorodov)

Bouncing puck in front of the net, Morozov finds it and bats it in with the backhand.

PP Slovakia, Morozov 2 min hooking. Belov delay of game, 5 on 3 for 50 seconds. Now is Slovakia's chance. Timeout Slovakia. 14 minutes left.

Russia kills the penalties, but takes another one. PP Slovakia again. 11 minutes left.

Slovakia fails and Nagy takes a penalty.

Last edited:

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Russia wins 4-3.

Doesn't look too good for Slovakia now. 0 points for the next round. That roster should play better. Hanlon doesn't impress me at all.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Slovakia might take Sweden with them for 0(or 1) points through the group stage. It will be an amazing qualification round.

Fulcrum

Slovakia still looked strong to me. Great game to watch.

It seemed that Russia looked fresher towards the end.

Also very nice to see Russia defending well towards the end.

And who was that goalie that played for Russia ... Na.. Naa.. I can't remember anymore.

VladNYC*

Slovakia still looked strong to me. Great game to watch.

It seemed that Russia looked fresher towards the end.

Also very nice to see Russia defending well towards the end.

And who was that goalie that played for Russia ... Na.. Naa.. I can't remember anymore.

Russia had no goalie for most of the game. Then Bykov decided to put one in. His name is Barulin and he **** thunder and pisses lightening.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
It will be hella of a second round. Slovakia must pretty much win 3/3 to go through.

Germany 6 pts
Czechs will have either 3 or 6 pts
Finland 2,3 or 5,6
Russia 3
Slovakia 0
Denmark/Latvia 0

Canada 5
Usa 3 or 6
Switzerland 3
Sweden most likely 1 or 4 but possible 3 or 6
France 1
Norway 2/Austria 0

Last edited:

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Well, Congratulation to Russia...

The only thing that gives me hope, is that Slovakia is the only country, that ever made quarterfinal with 0 points from preliminary round. On the other hand it couldn't be worse to play in qualification round against Czech republic and Finland. :(:(:( Worst opponents for us :facepalm:.

It looks like, swan song is postponed. Players like Demitra and Višňovský can't released from NT after such tourney... :shakehead

Last edited:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Looks like Slovakia has to score at least two victories in the next round against the Czech Republic, Finland and Latvia. Or else no quarterfinal. I guess the game against Finland will be crucial.

perklunt

qwerty
Sep 23, 2009
It will be hella of a second round. Slovakia must pretty much win 3/3 to go through.

Germany 6 pts
Czechs will have either 3 or 6 pts
Finland 2,3 or 5,6
Russia 3
Slovakia 0
Denmark/Latvia 0

if Latvia wins than they have 1pt to 2nd round

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
Slovak forwards didnt give him much "work" to be honest. He has yet to show some great saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad