Status
Not open for further replies.

Schalkenullvier*

oh man. 80% of russias goals come from the blueline:shakehead

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
1-2 Nikulin (Kovalchuk, Tyutin)

Onetimer from the blueline, Halak caught a piece of it with his glove but not enough. Halak should have got that one, but Visnovsky was on the way too. Very good shot by Nikulin anyway, and nice counter attack by Kovalchuk.

1st period over. Quite even and entertaining period imo.

Last edited:

TeppoWinnipeg

Nov 29, 2010
Good 1st period.
Rooting for russia because finland has to beat either slovakia or russia if they lose tomorow.

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
Visnovsky just took the responsobility for 2nd goal in the interview. Halak didnt see the shot.

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Bartecko 2+2 for high stick. Both teams had great chances to start the 2nd period.

Pretty bad PP from Russia, now they get 5on3 for a minute, Hossa called for hooking.

Slovakia kills the PP. Russia couldn't get many quality shots.

Last edited:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Gah....every stream is out for me, and the one that works at all keeps freezing after a few minutes.

Anyone got anything I can rely on?

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Truth is that top-six forwards are better than him. And it doesn't change much from third and fourth line. And in any case he can't substitute Afinogenov (less scouring touch and skating) nor Artyukhin (less size and imposing presence).
So, I don't see much wrong, although
he might deserve better.

The true "scandal" is the third straight start from Nabokov :help:

lol wut? Care to explain this?

VladNYC*

2- 2. Great goal by Gaborik. Get the buses ready we are going home. :shakehead

The Chiddler

Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Truth is that top-six forwards are better than him. And it doesn't change much from third and fourth line. And in any case he can't substitute Afinogenov (less scouring touch and skating) nor Artyukhin (less size and imposing presence).
So, I don't see much wrong, although he might deserve better.

The true "scandal" is the third straight start from Nabokov :help:

I think you might be seriously overrating some of your teams KHL players compared to Kulemin

I really don't understand how he's barely getting a chance on a russian team thats been very lazy and underwhelming

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
30.06 2-2 Gaborik (Demitra)

3on2 attack by Slovakia, Demitra passes to the center Gaborik who has great patience and dekes Nabokov.

32.01 3-2 Nagy (Majesky, Visnovsky)

Nagy coasts through the neutral zone and Nabokov lets a weak wristshot through. Nabokov out, Barulin in.

VladNYC*

I think you might be seriously overrating some of your teams KHL players compared to Kulemin

No one cares what you think. The guy you are talking to knows more about Russian hockey players then any one on this forum.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Russia needs to stop starting Nabokov, anybody can see that he's not what he used to be.

Schalkenullvier*

Nice One nabby!! He would have been a perfect fit with the islanders:laugh:

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I'd heard the rumors about Nabby having faded, but he looks just awful out there.

Correction: he looked awful out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->