Not open for further replies.

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
:handclap:
That's because Americans don't know anything about hockey.:sarcasm:

508 - PENALTY SHOT
a) Five conditions are required to award a Penalty Shot to a player being fouled
from behind:
1. The infraction shall take place when the puck is outside of the player's defending
zone (completely across the blue line). CHECK
2. The attacking player shall be in possession and have control of the puck. CHECK
3. The infraction shall have been committed from behind. CHECK
4. The attacking player in possession and control of the puck shall have been denied a reasonable scoring opportunity. CHECK
5. The player in possession and control of the puck shall have had no opposing players to pass other than the goalkeeper. CHECK
:handclap:

I was going to post this and Hey I'm an American! I do Live in Canada:p:

Charlie Milles*

#4 was shaky and #1 doesn't apply. I need to see it again, but I thought there were near one of the circles, not outside the blue line.
I don't know what you mean by #1 not applying. The American had possession of the puck inside of the Swiss zone. As for #4, from what I saw, the American player had possession up and until the Swiss defender's errant stick knocked obstructed him.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I don't know what you mean by #1 not applying. The American had possession of the puck inside of the Swiss zone. As for #4, from what I saw, the American player had possession up and until the Swiss defender's errant stick knocked obstructed him.

Simple, I believe that the play happened in the Swiss D-zone, below the blue line, so #1 doesn't apply.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Got the win but that's easily our worst game of the tournament. Not a good way to go into the semis. Coaching staff needs to make some adjustments on the break.

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
USA wins but i'm very disappointed at their play, i'm not impressed at all as a Canada fan. Good job by Swiss to rivalize with Americans.

Sep 19, 2008
Campbell going Miller for the Team USA World Juniors

Sensational effort by him throughout the round robin, now it's serious time now

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The USA needs to finish better on offensive plays and in the third period. Against a Canada, Russia or Sweden they will get killed if they play like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad