GDT: Group A • Dec. 31 • United States 2, Switzerland 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Yeah USA hasn't played great at all really. We are outshooting opponents, but not burying them. It is for sure anyones tournament however i still think Canada will win it. I did watch the Sweden-Canada game and Canada did get outplayed badly, but still almost won. It is to hard to predict an unpredictable tournament like this.

There's been some offensive inconsistency, but the team defense and goaltending has been good. My hope is with a full roster (Zucker and Morin returns) we'll bury a few more chances in the semis (and hopefully beyond).

BlackAces*

Won't be changing in your or my lifetime.

After that, who knows?

Canada has produced a multi-MVP basketball player, and are taking MLB MVPs as of late, even though neither sport is especially popular in this country.

Could you imagine if we ever started loving those sports? Or if actual money was put into football up here?

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008

After that, who knows?

Canada has produced a multi-MVP basketball player, and are taking MLB MVPs as of late, even though neither sport is especially popular in this country.

Could you imagine if we ever started loving those sports? Or if actual money was put into football up here?

If your talking about soccer they are and its getting much better.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
North American football. It gets absolutely no funding in Canada.

That is 100% false is it the same as hockey gets no but its getting better.Lets not forget some of the best youth teams in north america are from canada.

BlackAces*

That is 100% false is it the same as hockey gets no but its getting better.Lets not forget some of the best youth teams in north america are from canada.

I have no idea what you're talking about right now, seriously. You know what North American football is, right?

Compared to the money the US puts into training and developing players, Canada is third world.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I have no idea what you're talking about right now, seriously. You know what North American football is, right?

Compared to the money the US puts into training and developing players, Canada is third world.

Canada is not third world again i said if you talking soccer canada is doing much better.In terms of typical nort american football its aslo getting better and rugby and lacrosse are doing well.

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
North American football. It gets absolutely no funding in Canada.

Lets get something straight it's not North American football. It's American football, it's only played in one country in the world. The U S, which probably is the number one football power, alright more than likely best country in the world for American football.:handclap:

BlackAces*

Lets get something straight it's not North American football. It's American football, it's only played in one country in the world. The U S, which probably is the number one football power, alright more than likely best country in the world for American football.:handclap:

Except that Canada plays the same sport with significantly different rules, which is why I called it North American...get that straight.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Except that Canada plays the same sport with significantly different rules, which is why I called it North American...get that straight.

Games are too different, not the same number of players, different field size, different game. There's American football and Canadian football. No North American football.

Edit to Add glad you learned something

BlackAces*

Games are too different, not the same number of players, different field size, different game. There's American football and Canadian football. No North American football.

Edit to Add glad you learned something

Ugh, it is the same basic sport, I don't in any way shape or form accept your basis for challenging it being called North American football, given that it was simply a means to distinguish it from soccer.

Ridiculous, and moving on, you have brought nothing to this topic.:laugh:

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Stop talking about Canada in this thread. This is the USA GDT, you have your own GDT to talk about how great you team and your country are and how the USA sucks.

Thanks.

BlackAces*

Just like how we buy your tickets, we are just trying to bring some life to your thread! ;)

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
People who are making these close wins out to be bad things really don't know much about sports.

Tough games build character. They help you later on in tournaments when you know every game will be close and tough.

I'm sorry but a close victory over Switzerland is no way a positive. This Swiss team just isn't the same team that they were last year, Finland had no issues disposing them, Germany should have beat them (Conz was unreal) and the horrible Slovaks kept it within two goals. Building character is great, but close games against bad teams doesn't build character. If anything it just makes you doubt yourself.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I'm sorry but a close victory over Switzerland is no way a positive. This Swiss team just isn't the same team that they were last year, Finland had no issues disposing them, Germany should have beat them (Conz was unreal) and the horrible Slovaks kept it within two goals. Building character is great, but close games against bad teams doesn't build character. If anything it just makes you doubt yourself.

Yeah I mean Canada beat the Swiss 8-0 earlier, so that means Canada>>>>>>USA. No reason to even play the game

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York

After that, who knows?

Same thing could be said for the US if a bigger majority of our top athletes started playing hockey at a young age instead of basketball, football, and baseball...hockey isn't even close to the most popular sport here.

Blehst*

lol no other country has any sort of argument on whos better.... canada is and always will be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad