GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • United States 6, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Etem scores. Goalie change coming up.

Soft goal, puck finds a hole between the body and the armpit.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Etem!! Poor Riecicky. He's been under siege all game but that was a terrible goal. He's leaving the game, probably for the best though. They'll need him again next game.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Etem score and people cheer, lol. That was a free goal by the goaltender.

Edit: He was boo'ed again when his name was announced as the scorer. Haha..

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
No one on this team passes the puck. It's getting just ridiculous. Palmieri has Kreider wide open, yet he tries to spin through two players. Shore has a man wide open yet he just shoots it at the side of the net.

Come on, guys. Team game. Let's start passing the puck. Danny Kristo is not on this team and Morin is out and they still aren't passing it.

This team is truly in dire need of a playmaker. Or anyone who can pass, at this point. Faulk seems to be the only playmaker out there at times. Very selfish so far.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
Poor goaltending on the Etem. You have to feel bad for the guy.

My local peewees don't play defense as bad as that d-man on the Shore goal.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's been like this for a few years, but...

If the slovakian squad would actually try to play defense, as opposed to trying to send the opponents flying, they might give less than 48 shots to the GERMAN and less than one shot per minute to the US squad.

DaFranzenator

May 10, 2009
????
I've never really seen FSN Detroit to know if this is the norm or not but it's embarrassing. I hope it's him enjoying the beer tent before showing up for work. I want to see the interviews but can't stand hearing him butcher everything.

Just curious who are we talking about from FSN Detroit??

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I love USA Hockey.

noyphh.jpg

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Given that both the US and Canada games turned into blowouts, it looks like both teams are finally starting to gel.

I can't wait until they meet in the medal round.

Rush22*

No one on this team passes the puck. It's getting just ridiculous. Palmieri has Kreider wide open, yet he tries to spin through two players. Shore has a man wide open yet he just shoots it at the side of the net.

Come on, guys. Team game. Let's start passing the puck. Danny Kristo is not on this team and Morin is out and they still aren't passing it.

This team is truly in dire need of a playmaker. Or anyone who can pass, at this point. Faulk seems to be the only playmaker out there at times. Very selfish so far.

We are keeping our game simple, those plays will not be available when we play Canada and we are going to need some messy type goals. I am glad we are playing the type of game we need to play to beat Canada and not trying to make too many plays to impress the crowd.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
We are keeping our game simple, those plays will not be available when we play Canada and we are going to need some messy type goals. I am glad we are playing the type of game we need to play to beat Canada and not trying to make too many plays to impress the crowd.

Who is keeping the game simple? Half the team is trying to deke through players. This is not going to work against teams like Canada and Sweden. I am very unimpressed with the lack of playmaking on this team. It is going to kill them to play this individual during the medal round. I mean, thank God we get these games to see the team gel, but they need to start gelling and playing like a team soon.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

You dont intentionally make bad plays because chances wont be there against good teams. Style is one thing. Taking poor quality shots in lieu of passing is something else entirely.

To spin it... the US wont get as many chances agaisnt Canada. So it had better make the most of them and not take ****** shots.

Rush22*

Who is keeping the game simple? Half the team is trying to deke through players. This is not going to work against teams like Canada and Sweden. I am very unimpressed with the lack of playmaking on this team. It is going to kill them to play this individual during the medal round. I mean, thank God we get these games to see the team gel, but they need to start gelling and playing like a team soon.

I was speaking on the part were you want us to make the open cross-crease passes rather than throwing shots on net. Canada will not leave players wide open like Slovakia is, we need to create shots on net and create traffic to grab rebounds on the better teams. I agree that we should not be trying to dangle past 2 players just to put on a show right now.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I was speaking on the part were you want us to make the open cross-crease passes rather than throwing shots on net. Canada will not leave players wide open like Slovakia is, we need to create shots on net and create traffic to grab rebounds on the better teams. I agree that we should not be trying to dangle past 2 players just to put on a show right now.

No one is talking about cross ice passes. There are players within feet of each other and rather than giving it to the open man, players are deking through others. Or trying. Twice in one shift, Palmieri gets stopped trying to deke through players. He has open men. I get that he wants a hattrick. But he needs to pass the puck. This selfish play is getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad