GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • United States 6, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
It's still 58-2...

It's not like any of the calls on the Slovaks were bad though. They were being outskated all night and were reaching and grabbing and tripping in order to keep up. Then they took a few major cheap shots. It adds up.

I suppose the refs could have thrown in a couple even-up calls against the US, but it's hard to commit penalties when you're constantly possessing the puck in the offensive zone.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Team USA phoned it in there in the 3rd period. Wished they would have kept the foot on the gas pedal but it was complete domination anyway. Still lots of work to do but they made progress from game one and that's the key. Keep moving forward.

- Coyle was a beast tonight. That kid is going to be really good. He's dominant when he's on the puck.

- Palmieri was strong as well. Obviously the two goals but made a nice pass as well to Coyle on his goal.

- Kreider was invisible. In his young career he's always been prone to inconsistency but we need him to be better, especially as a returnee and with the injury situation. He's too big, strong, and fast to be as quiet as he's been. I'd like to see him moved around just to see if they can kick start him. Maybe pair him with Bjugstad and Etem.

- Dumoulin, Faulk, and Forbort were all strong. Carolina has two gems IMO. Merrill had another sloppy game but he'll turn it around.

- Campbell didn't really face much obviously but he looked poised and confident with what he saw. Made a couple of nice saves (D'Amigo turnover in the 2nd and the 5-on-3 to end the game).

- Gutless and ridiculous cheap shot by Marincin. Just pathetic. Losing Zucker could be a huge blow. Losing him to a pathetic and blatant attempt to injure is disheartening.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Sucks that Slovakia will be missing Marincin and Hrasko for their game against the Swiss. This is a huge make-or-break game for Slovakia and they can't afford to lose. If they do they will probably end up in the relegation round.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sucks that Slovakia will be missing Marincin and Hrasko for their game against the Swiss. This is a huge make-or-break game for Slovakia and they can't afford to lose. If they do they will probably end up in the relegation round.

Yes. It really sucks that they will be missing a cheap shot pansy like Marincin. Really, really blows. I feel so bad for them.

Pyke*

A healthy Switzerland will dismantle Slovakia at this level right now, because Switzerland is producing more hockey talents than Slovakia is atm.

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
Yes. It really sucks that they will be missing a cheap shot pansy like Marincin. Really, really blows. I feel so bad for them.

He couldn't have been talking about how missing their best defenceman and possibly player would suck. He was obviously talking about the lack of a cheapshot artist going forward for Slovakia.

cenas*

A healthy Switzerland will dismantle Slovakia at this level right now, because Switzerland is producing more hockey talents than Slovakia is atm.

The Swiss were pretty awful and horribly outmatched against Finland.. it'll be closer than you think.

In Exisle

Nov 24, 2006
Boston, MA
Christ.. what was up the Slovaks ***** tonight? They overreacted every scrum after the whistle and took several cheap shots throughout the game aside from the Zucker hit.

That said, the first two periods are the minimum standard the US should strive for.. hated how they kind of mailed it in through the third period. Although I gotta say my one beef with this team so far is that they seem to all think they're superstars and try to do way too much on their own. This was a problem on the US teams that fell short post '04.. I'm cringing seeing this resurface again. Hopefully the coaches put an end to this soon.. otherwise the team will be digging themselves in a hole come the elimination rounds.

Sure hope Zucker is alright.. would hate it if he took a head injury on a dumb play during garbage minutes. For the US's sake, it would be a huge blow to potentially be down 3 forwards.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I wasn't very impressed by Team USA's passing there. It was pretty sloppy and rarely on the tape. Canada is going to eat them alive if they don't sharpen that aspect of their game.

Come on-they were doing whatever they wanted out there. Guilty of trying to do too much with the puck, but that happens when you completely dominate a game. How about give the U.S. team a bit of credit here? All of this prognostication based on irrelevant elements within a single game is just mind-numbing. As for Canada, I'll worry about them if and when we meet them in the gold medal game.

Huis Clos*

I apologize if this has been asked before, but is the Stastny on team Slovakia related to Paul Stastny? Or is that a common Slovak name?

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
It would be great if Slovakia end up in the relegation round because of Marincin's suspension.:handclap:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wasn't very impressed by Team USA's passing there. It was pretty sloppy and rarely on the tape. Canada is going to eat them alive if they don't sharpen that aspect of their game.

the only way Canada and USA meet up is in the medal round, and I would be much more concerned with what Canada has to go through then what the US does. The US passing was an all out assualt for two periods, a simple domination. That Slovak goalie is a stud that kept this score from being double digits by the end of the second period. He should be commended.

From what I have seen, Canada has a ways to go as well, so quit trolling with your propaganda and worry about your country and what it needs to do to survive through regulation and beyond. My team is doing just fine.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
the only way Canada and USA meet up is in the medal round, and I would be much more concerned with what Canada has to go through then what the US does. The US passing was an all out assualt for two periods, a simple domination. That Slovak goalie is a stud that kept this score from being double digits by the end of the second period. He should be commended.

From what I have seen, Canada has a ways to go as well, so quit trolling with your propaganda and worry about your country and what it needs to do to survive through regulation and beyond. My team is doing just fine.

While the states has the easier pool in the the round robin games and canada has the harder pool.In the play offs it flips around and the states will have the harder games.While the winner of the b pool will have a easier team to play in the semis so yes it flips around the states with have a much harder time in the play offs in terms of teams they will be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad