GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • United States 6, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
There needs to be a mercy rule. Slovaks are getting butchered even though it's only 2-0.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
We should be doing better than this. Canada and its "go hard for 60 minutes" mentality would be up 4-0 right now. (oops, did I jusut bring up the whole Canada-USA thing?)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
USA dominated that period in a lopsided fashion. Could have easily been a 5 goal period. PP needs to be better and they jumbled a few golden chances but if they keep this up the game will be a blowout.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I don't think Fred Pletsch has got one of his lead ins to a question correct yet this tournament. From asking Nick Bjugstad about a story of him wearing his uncle's gold medal from the '84 Olympics around his neck as a kid (USA and Scott didn't win a medal; Nick laughed and debunked him) to tonight saying Palmieri scored in last year's gold medal game (he didn't) while a clip of him scoring against Finland last year is playing, it just reeks of shoddy preparation and incompetence.

Last edited:

Rush22*

We need to get our powerplay going, it doesn't matter in this game but once we face tougher teams we cannot leave all these chances on the ice.

Slovakia is getting dominated badly, they are resorting to cheap shots after the whistle. The Czechs did the same to Canada after getting dominated as well.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Pretty good period for the US but the Slovaks look really bad so I don't know what to read into it just yet. I'd like to see more from the power play as it seems a bit aimless at times with guys just standing around. More intensity during actual play instead of after it would be nice as well.

Merrill had a rough period. He hasn't looked himself at all.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
We need to get our powerplay going, it doesn't matter in this game but once we face tougher teams we cannot leave all these chances on the ice.

Slovakia is getting dominated badly, they are resorting to cheap shots after the whistle.The Czechs did the same to Canada after getting dominated as well.

All I saw was them defending their goalie after the american player kept slashing him after he already clearly held the puck.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Pretty good period for the US but the Slovaks look really bad so I don't know what to read into it just yet. I'd like to see more from the power play as it seems a bit aimless at times with guys just standing around. More intensity during actual play instead of after it would be nice as well.

Merrill had a rough period. He hasn't looked himself at all.

I'd like a change in PP philosophy or at least mix it up other than having the QB (Leddy or Faulk) skate to the middle, pass it back against the flow to the winger at the side boards by the dot, and have him move in. It's not really opening anything up when all the PK is doing is collapsing 4 into the slot. I'd much prefer just seeing Faulk blast away.

Yeah, Merrill is fighting it right now. Sometimes he's almost too calm and it leads to sloppy play.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Is it me or does it look like he has a few before each broadcast?

I've never really seen FSN Detroit to know if this is the norm or not but it's embarrassing. I hope it's him enjoying the beer tent before showing up for work. I want to see the interviews but can't stand hearing him butcher everything.

NYRSinceBirth

Feb 24, 2007
All I saw was them defending their goalie after the american player kept slashing him after he already clearly held the puck.

Although I agree it's not cheap and they're doing what they should, I wouldn't cal one or two of those as 'clearly' covered.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
What a shot by Coyle, although I'm not sure what the goalie was doing there. He's really stepped up his game tonight.

Much better PP. Great movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad