GDT: Group A • Dec. 31 • Canada vs. USA • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Canada is the much better team but anything can happen in 1 game so hopefully the US gets knocked out early.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I felt the game was always in hand for Canada. I never had the sense that they would break although they did bend a few times.

I still think the US will be the most difficult team to defeat in a final. From what I have seen the Russians don't look very strong at all, and I don't think the Swedes are nearly as strong as their record shows. They have some talent but not the depth.

That said, I won't expect a Canadian gold like I have in past years. I'll hope for it, but know that any one of the top teams can get a great goaltending performance or killer PP and beat us.

I like this team, though. There is a cohesiveness here I have not seen in a few years. Chemistry used to be such a strong point for us and now it seems it does not come as naturally anymore. Oh well, times change.

FanHabtic*

I thought he US played as well as they possibly could. Demko was ridiculously good. A silver medal would be huge for the US.

In a best of 7 Canada takes it 4 games to 1. Stellar goaltending will only take you so far.

ZeroPT*

So you're saying Germany is a better team than the Americans?

No. Of course she's not ****ing saying that. Where did she even remotely imply anything remotely close to that?

Jesus christ this bickering is so dumb. We won the game, it's over. Move on and stop getting all chocked up at anything anyone says. Please!

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
can someone tell me whats soo special about austin matthews.

if he is the best guy in 2016 its a very weak draft year.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
Canada deserved the win. Superior depth, more zone time, just the better team. Today.

They weren't dominant. Your crowing is unwarranted. Expected, but unwarranted.

Oh they were dominate. Pushed the American around physically, out skated them, out passed them, out shot them. Once again, the score flattered them.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I thought he US played as well as they possibly could. Demko was ridiculously good. A silver medal would be huge for the US.

In a best of 7 Canada takes it 4 games to 1. Stellar goaltending will only take you so far.

:handclap:

Oh they were dominate. Pushed the American around physically, out skated them, out passed them, out shot them. Once again, the score flattered them.

:handclap:

umdieecke*

This game involved a lot of after the whistle nonsense from Canada. If the US would have pushed back, the overall game would have been officiated differently and the whistles wouldn't have been in their pockets so much. This was never going to be a game where the US was allowed to push back. And as it was, a lot of nonsense was ignored. But the US team was smart not to push back. Standing up for themselves was never going to be tolerated--not in the Belle Centre.

And speaking of the Belle Centre, what's with the music in the arena? Is it always trapped in 1987?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Canada deserved the win. Superior depth, more zone time, just the better team. Today.

They weren't dominant. Your crowing is unwarranted. Expected, but unwarranted.

Shots were 43-28 for Canada, I think. Anytime you get 40 shots on the other team's goalie, that is a pretty dominant performance. I would not say Canada owned the US, but like I said before I never felt that game was in doubt.

That said in another game, I have no reason to think it could not reverse. Both talented teams, just one showed up a little more today. It happens.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
No. Of course she's not ****ing saying that. Where did she even remotely imply anything remotely close to that?

Jesus christ this bickering is so dumb. We won the game, it's over. Move on and stop getting all chocked up at anything anyone says. Please!

Well his point was stupid. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game. The Americans are holding on to some pretty thin straws in regard to their team, the last thing we need to do is enable their delusions...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
This game involved a lot of after the whistle nonsense from Canada. If the US would have pushed back, the overall game would have been officiated differently and the whistles wouldn't have been in their pockets so much. This was never going to be a game where the US was allowed to push back. And as it was, a lot of nonsense was ignored. But the US team was smart not to push back. Standing up for themselves was never going to be tolerated--not in the Belle Centre.

And speaking of the Belle Centre, what's with the music in the arena? Is it always trapped in 1987?

This is what happens when you look at a game through homer glasses.

The penalties, the rough play...all non-factors. When we lose I man up and say we deserved a loss. It is virtually never the refs or because the other team was dirty. That is (with all due respect) the rants of someone who is whining, plain and simple.

When we have been beaten in the past few years, it is because we sucked as a team.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Shots were 43-28 for Canada, I think. Anytime you get 40 shots on the other team's goalie, that is a pretty dominant performance. I would not say Canada owned the US, but like I said before I never felt that game was in doubt.

That said in another game, I have no reason to think it could not reverse. Both talented teams, just one showed up a little more today. It happens.

And yet the arrogance bleeds through

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Not crying at all. I just can see though your pathetic homerish jibe

:laugh:

Because I said you have a talented team that could beat us?That was homerish?

You are trying too hard. I am not going to get all upset with a kid. I am not about that. I am about analyzing the play of both teams.

Canada had more sustained pressure and the US attack was present but not equal.

I know, I know. I am a crazy homer. So are 100000 other hockey analysts tonight I guess. :)

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site

You are trying too hard. I am not going to get all upset with a kid. I am not about that. I am about analyzing the play of both teams.

A kid, seriously? I probably out-age you. DO not talk down to me.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Don't worry about it, fly4apuckguy. We whooped them like we were their daddy and it has to hurt.

umdieecke*

This is what happens when you look at a game through homer glasses.

The penalties, the rough play...all non-factors. When we lose I man up and say we deserved a loss. It is virtually never the refs or because the other team was dirty. That is (with all due respect) the rants of someone who is whining, plain and simple.

When we have been beaten in the past few years, it is because we sucked as a team.

It's the truth. Deal with it. Canada is the pre eminent hockey team on skill and talent alone. It's surprising that players like Domi and Virtanen feel like they have to go rabid dog to try to win. But whatever, me respect for most Canadian hockey players is high. If anything, I undersell the US hockey talent. I guess maybe the US talent is better than I thought if Canada resorts to this. The pity is, more than any other country, Canada can play "the beautiful game" but instead, they resort to this knowing retaliation wasn't going to be equitable. But whatever. Who cares about evolving the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad