GDT: Group A • Dec. 31 • Canada vs. USA • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
That said in another game, I have no reason to think it could not reverse. Both talented teams, just one showed up a little more today. It happens.

The Americans were just as up for this game as the Canadians. For the first 10 minutes of the game they even with us. Then their NCAA conditioning levels kicked in...

I doubt we will be seeing them again, but if by some quirk of fate we do meet, I'm absolutely certain it will be the same result or even worse for the Americans. Now of course we still have to face Denmark, and they kind of scare me. I can see Canada going in flat against them and if goes to a shootout, whoa Nelly!

Actually getting knocked out by Denmark on our home soil would be freakin' hilarious....

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
domi is a pretty good skilled little guy in the tournament. everyones talking about mcdavid but imo domi has been canadas mvp.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
domi is a pretty good skilled little guy in the tournament. everyones talking about mcdavid but imo domi has been canadas mvp.

Domi is almost two full years older than McDavid. At almost 20 years old, he should be head and shoulders above even McD in terms of development.

This tournament really messes with people's perception of prospects, doesn't it?

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario

If Domi wasn't playing with Sam Reinhart he wouldn't even be mentioned in any MVP conversation. Reinhart has been the standout in Canada's lineup, quietly leading this team to victory after victory.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Domi is almost two full years older than McDavid. At almost 20 years old, he should be head and shoulders above even McD in terms of development.

This tournament really messes with people's perception of prospects, doesn't it?

Domi's been among the best forwards in this tourney. Too much yapping today (like in here!) for my liking, but him and Reinhart were superb.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
You didnt read enough to his post as I did. He was not disrespectful, but enough so that I noticed,sorry

Yup. Saying that he thought Canada outplayed the US--but the US could be on the other side if they play again -- Super disrepectful.

You see things clearly.

Slick Willy*

lol Americans trying to act like we are/were better.

It's Canada's game. It's always been their game and always will be their game.

Kind of glad they beat us and beat us fairly handily.

We will always tower over them with our baseball and basketball and golf and tennis; let them have hockey. Settle down, Yankees.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
It's the truth. Deal with it. Canada is the pre eminent hockey team on skill and talent alone. It's surprising that players like Domi and Virtanen feel like they have to go rabid dog to try to win. But whatever, me respect for most Canadian hockey players is high. If anything, I undersell the US hockey talent. I guess maybe the US talent is better than I thought if Canada resorts to this. The pity is, more than any other country, Canada can play "the beautiful game" but instead, they resort to this knowing retaliation wasn't going to be equitable. But whatever. Who cares about evolving the sport.

This tends to be the fall-back excuse whenever Canada wins, and I get that. Hell, even some people in our own country do it.

The truth is, talent won the game today. Talent, skill, speed and aggressive fore-checking. What almost cost us was a lapse in defensive play and goaltending.

Full praise to the US for not giving up and making it a game right to the end. And hopefully the fans (who started chanting wayyyy too early) and more importantly the team realizes that a 60 minute game is essential against top flight competition.

I invite you to go back and watch any world junior game, count the scrums, and honestly compare the totals to what you witnessed today. The numbers will be remarkably close, and in most cases Canadian team participate in fewer of them because we know we are under the microscope.

Seriously, rather than leave it to your opinion, back up this claim with some facts. I will be waiting.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site

We will always tower over them with our baseball and basketball and golf and tennis; let them have hockey. Settle down, Yankees.

not an option sorry

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Yup, have at it with those.

Although the last 2 first overalls in the NBA have been Canadian so that should be alarming.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009

Actually, we do pretty decent at those sports, even tennis lately which is shocking. We suck at men's soccer and have very few NFL players. You should start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad