Gritty is a Generational Mascot

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Dead serious - Every team should develop a mascot like Gritty and then stage fights between mascots at games. Imagine Gritty doing his thing in the stands at Wells Fargo when all of a sudden Pittsburgh's Mr. Dirty Dangles comes out of nowhere and powerslams him. Or Chicago's own Sharp Shooter doing his thing on the ice at the United Center during intermission when Detroit's Riotman scrambles on the ice to chase after him. Or just a big muppetized version of Tom Wilson pummeling the Vegas mascot Hooker the Hockey Man.

We can work on the names and stuff but that's a million dollar idea right there.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'd say no. Generational implies once per generation, Carrie Underwood is the top mascot of this generation.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tenor.gif

Gritty does have an absolute canon, but he needs to improve his balance to become a real difference maker on the ice.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Dead serious - Every team should develop a mascot like Gritty and then stage fights between mascots at games. Imagine Gritty doing his thing in the stands at Wells Fargo when all of a sudden Pittsburgh's Mr. Dirty Dangles comes out of nowhere and powerslams him. Or Chicago's own Sharp Shooter doing his thing on the ice at the United Center during intermission when Detroit's Riotman scrambles on the ice to chase after him. Or just a big muppetized version of Tom Wilson pummeling the Vegas mascot Hooker the Hockey Man.

We can work on the names and stuff but that's a million dollar idea right there.

Reactions: Riddum and Reddwit

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
But will his left wing politics and affiliations cloud his clear generational game breaking abilities?

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Gritty is a dirt bag mascot, 1980’s muppets called and they want their cheesy puppet back, pro sports mascots are going towards the more realistic mascots like Hunter so I don’t know why Philly would go so bush league with theirs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad