Gritty is a Generational Mascot

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
The actual Gritty and countless fake Gritty's are at this point one phenomenon known as "Gritty".

That's the perfect way to do marketing. Make something weird and let people meme it and inject it into all areas of public life, and since you aren't the one deciding where Gritty memes / representations pop up, there's no risk of blowback to the Flyers.
Like Santa Claus, there are dozens out there, all serving the idea of Gritty.

Though the best explanation I saw was someone explaining to an uninitiated that Gritty is the representation of the city in a deity form.

Reactions: majormajor

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
My one complaint about Gritty is the earlier marketing that linked him to bullying. Not a good look, especially with his mass appeal to kids and how harmful bullying is such a widespread problem for them.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
My one complaint about Gritty is the earlier marketing that linked him to bullying. Not a good look, especially with his mass appeal to kids and how harmful bullying is such a widespread problem for them.
This post deserves a participation trophy.

Reactions: Oneiro

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Look at the video of him stuffing the nun (no pun intended), you think that diverse crowd of kids give a shit about that? They’re all having a blast and guaranteed to not have any of those thoughts in their heads.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Yes. Gritty has quickly become one of the greatest and most well known mascots of all time. Transcending the sport of hockey and leaking into modern popular culture. We may never see a fenom like Gritty again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00