Confirmed with Link: Griffins signs Abdelkader to a PTO

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Ahh yes the Danny Cleary-way, 2 years in GR and then a cushy front office job. We are missing a Director of Player Personnel, many teams have one or even couple of them. Jiri Fischer is Associate Director of Player Personnel and Shawn Horcoff is Director of Player Development & Assistant Director of Player Personnel. So is this Gator's future job?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Could this be to play on Team USA?

I feel like we have their rosters. I have kind of checked out on the Olympic tournament, I am sure I will watch a game or two at least on replay but I think Team USA is already named.

I wish him luck, hopefully he carves something out with Grand Rapids. He is from that side of the state. Gator's contract was a problem and I do know some people that have met him and don't hold him in the highest regard. But I wish him no ill will, I honestly hope he enjoys his time in the AHL and helps the guys matriculating up in the system down there. Seems like a good organizational move, especially with the taxi squad re-entering, he provides solid depth in the AHL where he should still be a decent player at that level.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Two people have mentioned either ticket sales or asses in the seats...really? Other than maybe a few of his buddies or family members will catch a game or two but I dont think anyone else is saying "this might be our last chance to see Abdlekader play"

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The only person that has any right to be upset over this is @OgeeOgelthorpe because this potentially threatens Matt Berry's roster spot on the AHL team.

giphy.gif

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I’d rather actual prospects play On our top farm team. He should contact the Edmonton GM, he gives out large term deals and will throw in a NMC just for fun

I don't think he's blocking anyone? You know someone in particular you'd like to see get more AHL you're worried about?

Cause I guess I only care if he's doing what you said. Blocking guys from playing time. But I'm not sure he would be doing that exactly... Like he'd be stepping into a 4th line role with PK duties and a locker-room/practice presences. Solid veteran leader/professional for any young players to be around.

Not sure he'd step in for top line minutes. etc.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Abby is hopeful for a cup of coffee if he plays well. Hope he plays well to get a crack on the Wings roster...Kalamazoo Wings. That...would be cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad