Confirmed with Link: Griffins signs Abdelkader to a PTO

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Wish it was DeKeyser.... :popcorn:;)

Really though, as long as he wanted to play hockey and isn't too concerned about income. This was always his spot. Local dude, etc. Just fits like a glove if he wishes to play still.

Reactions: lilidk

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Wish it was DeKeyser.... :popcorn:;)

Really though, as long as he wanted to play hockey and isn't too concerned about income. This was always his spot. Local dude, etc. Just fits like a glove if he wishes to play still.
I’d rather actual prospects play On our top farm team. He should contact the Edmonton GM, he gives out large term deals and will throw in a NMC just for fun

Reactions: David D

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I’d rather actual prospects play On our top farm team. He should contact the Edmonton GM, he gives out large term deals and will throw in a NMC just for fun

How many prospects do you think we have in GR? Maybe 25% of the roster are actual NHL prospects. With taxi squads, I am sure GR needs bodies and it can’t hurt ticket sales to have a local guy come play a few games for the team. This was have zero impact on the Red Wings.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
How many prospects do you think we have in GR? Maybe 25% of the roster are actual NHL prospects. With taxi squads, I am sure GR needs bodies and it can’t hurt ticket sales to have a local guy come play a few games for the team. This was have zero impact on the Red Wings.
Don’t care. I don’t want him playing on the top 2 lines which are reserved for actual prospects with a chance to make the NHL. I really doubt the GR fan base is clamoring for the return of Abdelkader anyways

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Muskegon hero signing for Griffins? Not that much surprised.

Definitely good for him. Nice to see guys, who like _just_playing_hockey_ and money is a non-factor.

Chance for olympics? No ?

Reactions: Gniwder

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Yeah, there's not really prospects who Abdelkader would steal a spot. All grinders are AHL-grinders. He is gonna steal a GRINDER spot. Not a spot from Berggren. Maybe goes to join his line and will start mentoring him about how NHL hockey works.

I was calling for net-front precence for that crap Griffins power-play lately... and week after Abdelkader is signed.

Pat Verbeek knows what to do...

This is just riculous discussion, when some NHL-hate transfers the lower levels, where Abdelkader could be a definite strength, maybe Star player.

Last edited:

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
He didn't sign a PTO with the Wings.

He made the wings news cycle, I feel like he sucked up all his tolerance when he signed that contract and sucked the life out of 7 years of the rebuild denial era.

anyway Chelios tried this, he won't last long

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I can see why from his perspective: be close to home and get money to play hockey.

He was great on EV Zug, looked like a place he could still fit in for several years as he declines as a player. Probably seemed like one of the best vacations of his life, too. But, yeah, I doubt very seriously that he'll have NHL level stuff again. He probably just wants to get back in the organization he spent his career in and play as long as he can. AHL is a different animal than NL though. Probably more of a Griffins depth move.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Griffins are also dealing with roster issues and have added guys from the ECHL that probably aren't any better than Abby. He'll replace one of them if he doesn't pull a muscle at his first practice.

Also, there's a totally unconfirmed report of a recent phone call to him from Kenny: "Howzzit going buddy? You staying in shape? Listen, why don't you sign in GR, get the legs moving and see how it goes for a month and I'll bring you to Edmonton. We need some help in the room. Playoffs baby!"

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
He better not try to come back to Detroit. Probably Hollands worst contract and that is saying A LOT!

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Griffins are also dealing with roster issues and have added guys from the ECHL that probably aren't any better than Abby. He'll replace one of them if he doesn't pull a muscle at his first practice.

Also, there's a totally unconfirmed report of a recent phone call to him from Kenny: "Howzzit going buddy? You staying in shape? Listen, why don't you sign in GR, get the legs moving and see how it goes for a month and I'll bring you to Edmonton. We need some help in the room. Playoffs baby!"
You forgot the end of the call where Kenny said "By the way, can you play goalie?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad