Griffin Reinhart [UPD: Recalled After Davidson Injury] - Pt II

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Reinhart has been steady lately. If he can prove me wrong about the trade, it's a good thing

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
He has look much better during this recent call-up. He has good decision-making and uses his positioning well. To take that next step he should spend the summer living at Pelletier's house.

I like seeing Griff getting some more attention on these boards. Some players need trust to start building their confidence and you can see that with Griff. He is the type of player that will never live up to his draft position but could play a very important role on this team in its prime. He most likely won't be very expensive either which will be important and will bring more than his cap hit in intangibles. I for one love how many times griff has pissed off some of the best players in the west. His cross check in front of the net is punishing and hardly gets brought up. I think a lot of posters who harp on Nurse and Griff the most are probably younger as well and don't realize how fast development curves can change for young D ie: Adam Larsson.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Seeing Edmonton needs RHD, and as a Buffalo fan, we need LHD, who would add to a Pysyk/Reinhart swap?

While Reinhart does have the draft pedigree, Pysyk has shown to be a solid NHL'er already, and projects as a #4 smooth skating complimentary defenseman. But Buffalo has nobody on the left outside of McCabe & Gorges, and already have Ristolainen & Bogosian on the right.

Has Reinhart's skating improved at all this season? I know that has been an area of weakness for him.

Thanks

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Reinhart has been steady lately. If he can prove me wrong about the trade, it's a good thing

Let's hope it continues. I know for a fact he can be better then what he's shown. We haven't seen a lot of his point shot but he does have a nice slapper, and his first pass is MUCH better then what he's shown. I think it all comes down to getting used to the speed of the game at the NHL level. Once he figures out how to get his pass or shot off that half second quicker he's going to be a very good dman. If he can get his lateral mobility up a bit as well watch out.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Seeing Edmonton needs RHD, and as a Buffalo fan, we need LHD, who would add to a Pysyk/Reinhart swap?

While Reinhart does have the draft pedigree, Pysyk has shown to be a solid NHL'er already, and projects as a #4 smooth skating complimentary defenseman. But Buffalo has nobody on the left outside of McCabe & Gorges, and already have Ristolainen & Bogosian on the right.

Has Reinhart's skating improved at all this season? I know that has been an area of weakness for him.

Thanks

I think this could make sense. I was thinking about this before

Pysyks offense is pretty crumy, but his defense looks tremendous

http://public.tableau.com/shared/K26F6K4D6?:display_count=yes

Maybe a slight add to Pysyk, but not much

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Thanks

No chance I move Reinhart for Pysyk.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Playign bottom pairing and with a full year and half of AHL experience. He should look better. He has zero of dynamic qualities Nurse has

Nurse has 2 things on Griff from where I sit. Speed and toughness. Griff is not a pansy by any stretch but Nurse is much more willing to fight and is better at it. This doesn't mean that Darnell can't improve and pass Griff in other areas but he isn't better than Griff at positioning, passing, picking his spots in the O zone, etc.

I like seeing Griff getting some more attention on these boards. Some players need trust to start building their confidence and you can see that with Griff. He is the type of player that will never live up to his draft position but could play a very important role on this team in its prime. He most likely won't be very expensive either which will be important and will bring more than his cap hit in intangibles. I for one love how many times griff has pissed off some of the best players in the west. His cross check in front of the net is punishing and hardly gets brought up. I think a lot of posters who harp on Nurse and Griff the most are probably younger as well and don't realize how fast development curves can change for young D ie: Adam Larsson.

He was really giving it out one game in particular, my memory fails me as to which one but he was really working guys over. He is definitely pissing guys off because he isn't giving them any room, has a very good stick defensively and he's playing them physically within the rules.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

I agree Griff has been great. I still think he has a bit of offence to offer as he matures. He has a heavy shot and good instincts just hasn't finished on a lot of grade A chances this year. I love how physical he's been playing of late as well, he looks much more solid on his feet than he did to start the year and has actually been pretty punishing along the boards and in front of the net. His skating is most likely whats going to determine whether he can be a rock solid middle pairing shut down D or just a good bottom pair guy. There's still the potential (albeit slim) for him to be a top pairing guy, but his skating would need to improve immensely.

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
If he can turn into a Chris Phillips type player in his prime then we are off to the races laughing

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Griff was silently second in rookie scoring in the NHL for the month of March with 12 points- you all know who first was.

Jun 9, 2011
:amazed::handclap:
Griff was silently second in rookie scoring in the NHL for the month of March with 12 points- you all know who first was.
I really like this kid. I was glad we made the trade. I see his name so often in trade proposals, but I hope Chia keeps him.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Thanks

Yea id do Pysyk for Reinhart quite easily at this point. Pysyk plays like a vet already, have liked his game for a while. Reinhart might be better in a few seasons but for now and the foreseeable future i take Pysyk, plus he is a RHD. He and Nurse would do well imo.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If he can turn into a Chris Phillips type player in his prime then we are off to the races laughing

That'd be great and between him and Methot those are the comparables that I've used for Griff albeit I'm more familiar with Phillips game than Methot's.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Interesting stat.....

Darnell Nurse 2.4 hits/game
Griffin Reinhart 2.2 hits/game

Griff is 3rd on our D in that stat with only Gryba (2.5) and Nurse being higher.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Reinhart going to be shut down 20 pt per season guy that can gives you 20 mins of just solid defensive hockey. Who is also could move the puck efficently.

Reinhart-Davidson could be a good shut down pair in the future.

Jun 9, 2011
Whoops!

I really like this kid. I was glad we made the trade. I see his name so often in trade proposals, but I hope Chia keeps him.
Even without the points, this is still true.

Wrong Reinhardt. Sam had 12pts. Griff only has 1pt. He has looked good though.
Oh Samson, your name isn't as cool as Griffin though.

Interesting stat.....

Darnell Nurse 2.4 hits/game
Griffin Reinhart 2.2 hits/game

Griff is 3rd on our D in that stat with only Gryba (2.5) and Nurse being higher.
He really seems less intimidated lately.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Would be nice if he could get his 1st NHL goal in one of these remaining games. Could be good for his confidence going into next year. Really hope he works hard during the summer and comes into camp wanting to prove himself.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
One point where I do trust Chai is creating good competition going into camp.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Reinhart and Nurse in the same role they were this year, main call ups/the #8 and 9 defenceman in the system.

The battle for the #6 and #7 roles should be fun for next year.

Ideally you at least one more top 4 defenceman here to complement Sekera and Klefbom
Davidson and Fayne work as your #4 and #5. Basically Sekera's partner or 3rd pairing anchor
And then Oesterle, Reinhart, and Nurse compete for the last spot, possibly vs. Some more outside talent from the UFA pool. Gyrba, Pardy, Ehrhoff, ect...

I actually wouldn't be opposed to running with 8 defenceman once again next year. Take the overkill route, so we're not caught with the pants down when injuries hit. Holding back Reinhart, Davidson and Nurse also would have them less likely to draw attention in the expansion draft.

Klefbom-_______
Davidson-Sekera
Ehrhoff-Fayne
Oesterle, Gyrba

Reinhart-Nurse as you main pairing in Bakersfield to start. Complemented by Musil, Simpson, Laleggia and Betker.

Musil-Nurse
Reinhart-Simpson
Bekter-Laleggia

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
One point where I do trust Chai is creating good competition going into camp.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Reinhart and Nurse in the same role they were this year, main call ups/the #8 and 9 defenceman in the system.

The battle for the #6 and #7 roles should be fun for next year.

That trade would look even more heinous than it does now if this is the case for next year.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Thanks

Reinhart - Pysyk pairing would be a good one in NHL as a 5-6.
BUF should keep Pysyk and trade Bogosian to Oilers ..

Reinhart+Yakupov for Bogo + something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad