• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Worst team in the league? I mean, at least for a majority of the season lol

The sens are truly a terrible hockey team, and their fans are obviously as clueless as they are.

NyQuil over here acting as if failing in the regular season is somehow oreferable to making the playoffs lol

He needs to see a doctor and get that checked out!

If “better than the Senators” is your Stanley Cup, I’m afraid you’ll have to share it with most of the league.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
According to the unwritten rules of hockey, they are both inappropriate.

However, in both cited cases the responding team/player clearly overreacted. At most each deserved a bump and "Hey, don't pull that s**t" kind of talk - a message, not a crosscheck or losing your mind or chasing the guy all over the ice looking to fight.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think the whole code of not shooting the puck on the net after whistle is absurd when there's no goalie.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
One series win in almost 20 years?

What would you call that?

I also love these arbitrary cut offs. Why not one year? Because that would prove they won a series last year?

Okay that's too small a sample size. Why not 25 years then? Is that because it would show the Leafs beating the Sens ass 4 times in the playoffs, including a sweep?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The same people who complain about the NHL not being as popular as the NBA complain about unnecessarily flashy plays.

I always have fun watching playoff hockey.

Do you stop watching after the handful of games involving the Leafs?

You know your team sucks, right? Like is much much worse than the leafs? I’m just making sure you understand that.

Because your chirps are …. They don’t make any sense from where you’re standing

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Okay that's too small a sample size. Why not 25 years then? Is that because it would show the Leafs beating the Sens ass 4 times in the playoffs, including a sweep?

I wish we did include that sample because it would remind Leaf fans what a playoff winning hockey team looks like.

I remember complaining about how the officiating changes in the post-season, that our core guys didn’t have the compete level to succeed, that our goalie wasn’t up to the challenge.

Does any of that sound familiar?

Leaf fans have become Senators fans and they don’t even realize it.

Last edited:

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I also love these arbitrary cut offs. Why not one year? Because that would prove they won a series last year?

It’ll turn into “oh wow, one Stanley cup in 56 years, big whoop what a joke hurr durr”

From fans of a team like the senators or the Canucks who have never won a Stanley cup lmao

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
There are no goal posts being moved but rather discussion on two conflating issues.

1. Should players care about empty net goals and how they are scored?

2. How should someone respond to a perceived unsportsmanlike slight?

I think what Brady did was dumb but his response was infinitely smarter than Rielly’s stick to the head.
I think both plays were pretty dumb and warranted a response. There's a time and a place for moves like both of those, not regular season nothing burger games. Good for Brady for not chopping him in then neck, cause I'm sure he wanted to.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This reads very similarly to Sens fans bragging about the strength of their team every summer. We all know how this goes.
Nope. I haven't made any proclamations about what the Leafs will do, I just find the constant chirping from Sens fans hilarious and also hypocritical when you're now bottom of the barrel and have been that way for many years, and you guys dunked on us constantly when we were a lottery team and you guys were perennialy in the playoffs. The Tkachuk vs Marner and Stutzle vs Matthews threads from the past year are comedy gold.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You know your team sucks, right? Like is much much worse than the leafs? I’m just making sure you understand that.

Because your chirps are …. They don’t make any sense from where you’re standing

How does what team I cheer for affect reality?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
If “better than the Senators” is your Stanley Cup, I’m afraid you’ll have to share it with most of the league.

It’s not, I never think about your team unless there’s some little sens fan yipping at leaf fans heels

I forgot you even existed until last night

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I wish we did include that sample because it would remind Leaf fans what a playoff winning hockey team looks like.

I remember comparing about how the officiating changes in the post-season, that our core guys didn’t have the compete level to succeed, that our goalie wasn’t up to the challenge.

Does any of that sound familiar?

Leaf fans have become Senators fans and they don’t even realize it.
and what does that make Sens fans? Leaf fans from the post 05 lockout era? Constant off season hope only to be dropped on your head once the actual season starts.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
How does what team I cheer for affect reality?

Because you should be more worried about your teams obvious holes and failures and not be so obsessed with the leafs

You’re a Stan, aren’t ya?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It’s not, I never think about your team unless there’s some little sens fan yipping at leaf fans heels

I forgot you even existed until last night

Yeah, I wouldn't even know about this play if the feed didn't cut to the Sens game right after the Leafs game ended.

No one watches the Sens, that's why the game was on City TV and every other network carried the Leafs and Habs game.

Reactions: Strangle

Strangle

May 4, 2009
and what does that make Sens fans? Leaf fans from the post 05 lockout era? Constant off season hope only to be dropped on your head once the actual season starts.

Their team doesn’t exist in their reality. Only the Leafs do!

That’s why they’re critical of our team while ignoring their own team

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He actually didn’t, Zdeno Chara holds that record with 17. And hits are about as relevant as skating fast and doing nothing. Empty cal
They said it was a post salary cap record, not all time.
His hits last night were super physical, all night, including putting a guy into his own bench.
Enjoy the soft playing style you must enjoy then,

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I wouldn't even know about this play if the feed didn't cut to the Sens game right after the Leafs game ended.

No one watches the Sens, that's why the game was on City TV and every other network carried the Leafs and Habs game.

1712501515852.gif

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
It’s certainly something to cling to when you don’t have much to celebrate when the games matter.
Oh come off it. If that were Stutzle, you'd be his biggest cheerleader. And why wouldn't you be? It's a big accomplishment by a player of the team you're a fan of, no matter their history/success.

If Stutzle does something like that, I will be proud of you and encourage you to be happy and/or "bump the thread after scoring a goal in a loss" (I see goals in losses only count for darlings like Ovechkin, but not villains like Matthews, we are back here again).

Cheer for Brady's hits, it's good, I'm not being facetious. We'll cheer for goal 6x after a loss cause it's a big deal and not feel bad about, as you would if the script were flipped. That's what being a fan is.

Reactions: NyQuil

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Both were some degree of inappropriate.

Neither one was a level of inappropriatenesss that would merit a physical altercation.

The debate isn’t about whether they were inappropriate. The debate is whether a violent response is proportionate to a hurt-feelings minor disrespect.

And yes, Rielly’s overreaction was far greater than Tkachuk’s. But both were monumental overreactions.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
It’ll turn into “oh wow, one Stanley cup in 56 years, big whoop what a joke hurr durr”

From fans of a team like the senators or the Canucks who have never won a Stanley cup lmao
Nah it won't even be this. They'll refuse to acknowledge it counts. Flat earther shit. Asterisk/the season didn't happen. That shit. People wouldn't be able to handle it.

Reactions: Strangle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad