Which Empty Netter do you feel is inappropriate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Neither for me.

Hischier and Greig both knew what they were doing, rubbing salt in the wound like that. Tkachuk and Rielly were both right to respond to it IMO, although in Rielly's case I would rather he just drop the gloves and go the guy rather than aiming a crosscheck at the head. It's competitive sport, you're not supposed to like each other. That's hockey man, a bunch of barely checked testosterone flying around on skates wearing body armour.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I thought we were done with the Grieg empty netter talk. Are we beating this dead horse again?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think the whole thing is ridiculous.

You don't want empty net goals against, win the game.

Belly aching over the manner in which it is scored is silly.

I want to see a 360 spinorama Michigan into the EN like you see the giant dunks when they are uncontested in the NBA.

Keeping in mind that, if they try to show you up, have a long memory for the next tilt.

Kuznetsov has a very elaborate goal scoring celebration which to no one's surprise was used mockingly against him by the other team at some point.

No need to club him over the head over it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't have an issue with either because I think the game needs more emotion....but they are both going to get a response. Definitely some irony in Brady thinking the Greig one was hilarious and being the one flipping on this one though.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Never had a problem with Reilly’s response as a Sens fan. I just thought the cross check was a dumb move and he should have dropped the gloves instead.

No problem with what Brady did either. Both are responses to a team showing you up.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, just gonna copy/paste what I said earlier :

The problem has never been Rielly being upset, it's the stick to the head

Anyone not understanding this is dumb as bricks. No other way to put it.

Another difference is Hischier put the puck in AFTER the end of the game, Greig actually scored a real goal that counted

Another difference that reveals stupidity for anyone who can't see it

If Rielly simply created a scrum like Tkachuk did last night, this thread wouldn't exist. You're not a real man if you have to use your stick as a weapon

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't have an issue with either because I think the game needs more emotion....but they are both going to get a response. Definitely some irony in Brady thinking the Greig one was hilarious and being the one flipping on this one though.

What was funny about the Greig one was Rielly getting himself suspended when he could have done virtually anything else.

If Tkachuk had cross-checked Hischier in the head, that would be irony.

As it stands, he set the NHL record for hits in a game instead.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
What was funny about the Greig one was Rielly getting himself suspended when he could have done virtually anything else.

If Tkachuk had cross-checked Hischier in the head there would be irony.

He actually didn’t, Zdeno Chara holds that record with 17. And hits are about as relevant as skating fast and doing nothing. Empty calories.

Either both are inappropriate or neither are. I don’t know why Brady is throwing a hissy fit when the empty netter doesn’t even count.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

If Tkachuk had cross-checked Hischier in the head, that would be irony.

Yeah it really hampered us. Does the NHL hand out points in the standings for him hitting a lot? Seems you still lost the game. One of these days the great leader may lead his team to something more then 13th in the east.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
“If you don’t want people shooting at your empty net, don’t be losing the game”

“What an emotional baby”

Hold that L sens fans, you absolute legends :laugh::nod::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: SensFactor

Strangle

May 4, 2009

Send fans don’t understand human emotion. I’m not going to throw the Big A word out there, but I’m pretty sure most of them talking as if emotion is a foreign concept to them have some kind of official diagnosis they’re struggling with

I wish them the best of luck and hope that therapy and medication allows them to start making emotional human connections like the rest of us

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It’s certainly something to cling to when you don’t have much to celebrate when the games matter.
I mean....lmao come on really? you are sitting here celebrating Brady coming close to the hit record in a game you lost that also eliminated you from playoff contention....again. You will be off season champs though I am sure.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Clearly you remember.

Also, it was Matthews not covering his man Kyle Turris that cost him the game in OT.

I remember how that goal was scored too.
I actually don’t remember the score lol. Everyone in hockey knows that Matthews hit them with the 4 though.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad