Rumor: Greg Pateryn is available

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
waivers? when exactly was that?

Yeah never mind, could have sworn he had in the past two years but can't find anything to support it.

Nonetheless, doesn't change my opinion that if he really had top 4 potential, he'd be in an NHL lineup even if that's not the Canadiens.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I do actually follow the team, he's been through waivers before, do you really think you see something that every single NHL executive hasn't?? Even if he at one point had top 4 potential, he isn't going to get those two years back. He can probably carve out a spot as an above average #5 or 6, expecting any more than that is going to leave a team disappointed

So, you think it's probable (as in there is a reasonable chance) that he becomes a #5 but it's absolutely impossible that he does well and gets bumped up one spot and ends up a 2nd pairing guy...that makes no sense.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Guy is waiver wire material..

He isn't a bad 6-7 guy, nothing more.

While they are different type of dmen, I like Redmond and Barberio better.

Only value I can see if maybe a team wants a guy signed for next year for the expansion draft.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
There hasn't been any backlash or any call to arms over this incident. The backlash if any, comes from the exterior. Since we lost Barberio not long ago, moving Pateryn is unlikely.

There may very well be a strong backlash behind the scenes. Montreal is a very proud organization and I strongly doubt they take kindly to this type of nonsense and simply sweep it under the rug. To insult the ethnic identity of the past and current coach in one fell swoop, which happens to be the ethnic identity of the province itself, is extremely short sighted.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...the guy has a gripe as he should have been playing instead of the revolving door of 3rd pairing guys that Therrien had been playing, but his wife needs to back that train up and not turn it into The Language Debate Live...

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
...the guy has a gripe as he should have been playing instead of the revolving door of 3rd pairing guys that Therrien had been playing, but his wife needs to back that train up and not turn it into The Language Debate Live...

Mrs. Pateryn should talk with Charles Hudon's partner to realize it's not a language issue. Just incompetence from the coaching staff, being French, English or whatever.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
So, you think it's probable (as in there is a reasonable chance) that he becomes a #5 but it's absolutely impossible that he does well and gets bumped up one spot and ends up a 2nd pairing guy...that makes no sense.

Yes it does lol... he's an acceptable bottom pairing D but he's already 26, the chances he's going to develop anywhere past an above average bottom pairing guy are highly unlikely.

When Pateryn becomes a top 4 D, go ahead and tell me I'm wrong!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad