Rumor: Greg Pateryn is available

Jul 6, 2016
If MTL trade him, their depth at D in case of injury would be very bad, doesn't make much sense.

Unless they get another D for Pateryn, or one in another trade....

Calgary seems to have a lots of d-men suddenly with the acquisition of Stone.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
someone will get him for free in a few days.

No one will want to deal for him, then The Habs will place him on waivers and they can claim him for free.....

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I'm pretty sure it's a PR move to calm down the media.
Montreal (hopefully) will not trade him.
His wife made a pejorative comment not him.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure it's a PR move to calm down the media.
Montreal (hopefully) will not trade him.
His wife made a pejorative comment not him.

I agree I hope he had a good sit down with her she is entitled to her opinion but her opinion was objectively insulting and terrible.

I want to keep him on the Habs I think he has a lot to offer and should be playing more.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Discussed a bit on the Rangers board, Pirri for Pateryn? Maybe the rangers throw in a 6th or something? Gives Montreal a sniper with a great shot. Rangers get a rhd.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
26 year old defenseman with 81 games of NHL experience. What is the market for a player like this? Seems like waiver wire fodder.

Shame about his wife though. She had no right to make any kind of waves in his career like that.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
26 year old defenseman with 81 games of NHL experience. What is the market for a player like this? Seems like waiver wire fodder.

Shame about his wife though. She had no right to make any kind of waves in his career like that.
hes good enough to be a number 5 and is an excellent 6. Under Therrien though we had 5 guys who couldnt be scratched fighting for top 4 spots so Pateryn always found himself sitting for jabronis MB wanted to evaluate. how he played never seemed to matter to MT.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd definitely take him over Hunwick or Marincin. Leafs could use some more physicality on the backend.

not giving up assets for a guy they would have to expose to vegas.
Marcenko fills a similar role once Polak is moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad