Injury Report: Greene out 6-12 weeks, possibly season

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Mitchell is expected back as soon as thusrday. (he's on the road trip with the team)

I don't think we need go and sign anybody. That's not how the team was built. It's time for one of Drewiske, Muzzin, or Bodnarchuk to step in and step up and take that role. As much of a critic as I've been of Muzzin in Manchester. I still think he has the skill set to be in the NHL and be effective. He's just got to be smarter! Sometimes being in the NHL and being around smart players will help you a ton. I could see guys like Mitchell and Scurderi helping Muzzin's game!

I hope you're right.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings will be fine as long as the injuries don't get too ridiculous and guys can be sent back and forth to Manchester without losing anyone.

What Tonellisghost said. Now is the time for Muzzin to step up and show he's a legit NHLer. He may very well surprise the skeptics with how well he does. If he falters, than everyone will realize his limitations and next man up. Patience.

We can hope he pulls a Martinez and shows that his first stint was an audition for his second stint which cemented him in the lineup. I didn't see him at "camp", though, but seems like folks think he's still an adventure out there.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Mitchell is expected back as soon as thusrday. (he's on the road trip with the team)

I don't think we need go and sign anybody. That's not how the team was built. It's time for one of Drewiske, Muzzin, or Bodnarchuk to step in and step up and take that role. As much of a critic as I've been of Muzzin in Manchester. I still think he has the skill set to be in the NHL and be effective. He's just got to be smarter! Sometimes being in the NHL and being around smart players will help you a ton. I could see guys like Mitchell and Scurderi helping Muzzin's game!

I can see Sutter being a big help for Muzzin's game.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I would trust him. He's been right with these kind of things before.

Thanks for the heads up CT

It's what I heard from one of the Kings beat writers. (trying to remember which one now)

If he's in a full practice and traveling with the team on 3 game road trip. It makes sense that he'd likely be playing during the road trip.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I wish we had the St. Louis scouting connections in Europe . I hope our scouting improves to be honest, we really need to take a crack at some Swedes, they all are good at defense. We really need better scouting in Europe

The Blues drafted well in Europe because of ONE man: Jarmo Kekalainen.

If that guy drafted you out of Europe, more times than not, you were going to be good. Guy was ****ing great at what he did. We don't have that. Instead we have guys like Futa, who drafts his family friend Tanner Pearson. :sarcasm:

Please note: most of you probably won't even realize that that was a joke. I like Futa and Yanetti.

KingKopitar11*

The Blues drafted well in Europe because of ONE man: Jarmo Kekalainen.

If that guy drafted you out of Europe, more times than not, you were going to be good. Guy was ****ing great at what he did. We don't have that. Instead we have guys like Futa, who drafts his family friend Tanner Pearson. :sarcasm:

Please note: most of you probably won't even realize that that was a joke. I like Futa and Yanetti.

Hopefully we can sweet talk him into giving us a couple names because that guy is usually on the money.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
If only there was a way we could trade for Nino(who reportedly wants out) and Hamonic :(

Oh, but there is!!! We've got a ton of prospects and draft picks.

If Dean sees the need, he'll make the right decision and at the right price.

:yo:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Hopefully we can sweet talk him into giving us a couple names because that guy is usually on the money.

When Dean gets fired, whenever that may be, I want Jarmo as our next GM. I would also have no problem sacking the entire scouting staff tomorrow to bring in Jarmo and whoever he wants. Think is he left the Blues to be a GM in Finland so he'd probably only come back to be a GM.

Anyways...so are people opposed to Ryan O'Byrne out of Colorado? Big, physical and UFA after this year.

KingKopitar11*

When Dean gets fired, whenever that may be, I want Jarmo as our next GM. I would also have no problem sacking the entire scouting staff tomorrow to bring in Jarmo and whoever he wants. Think is he left the Blues to be a GM in Finland so he'd probably only come back to be a GM.

Anyways...so are people opposed to Ryan O'Byrne out of Colorado? Big, physical and UFA after this year.

Yeah, that'd be nice, we have good scouts, but no variety so we do miss out. We really need to be better in Europe with Finland and Sweden, we are missing out, and lucky for the blues, they have that connection. Dean should make some connections out there so our drafting wouldn't likely contain busts.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Yeah, that'd be nice, we have good scouts, but no variety so we do miss out. We really need to be better in Europe with Finland and Sweden, we are missing out, and lucky for the blues, they have that connection. Dean should make some connections out there so our drafting wouldn't likely contain busts.
That's just silly. Every single team is going to end up with "busts." Drafting isn't a perfect science, and trying to project teenagers is fraught with pitfalls. If you think it's possible to be without busts in drafting, I would love for you to point me in the direction of a team that has a perfect draft history.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
That's just silly. Every single team is going to end up with "busts." Drafting isn't a perfect science, and trying to project teenagers is fraught with pitfalls. If you think it's possible to be without busts in drafting, I would love for you to point me in the direction of a team that has a perfect draft history.

Not a team - one man. Jarmo Kekalainen. :sarcasm:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Did I read that correctly? How can anyone even ponder the firing of a scouting staff who found many 2nd round+ guys who played a huge part of us winning the cup. Not only directly, but through trades and such.

I hope they stick around as long as possible, DL or no DL. I really don't care where the players are from, whatever they are doing worked.

KingKopitar11*

Lol Im not saying perfect, you should re read what i said, Im saying that drafting more nationally, with the helps of jarmo kekäläinen or someone like him we'd do better, im saying we need to look more into sweden/finland because there are things we aren't picking up.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Please let Mitchell play Thursday. Need him ASAP and then some. Sucks to miss Greener for so long though. Hopefully Drewiske and/or Muzzin can show they can play regular minutes again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad