Injury Report: Greene out 6-12 weeks, possibly season

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
HUH? Greene happened two days ago? And Mitchell might be only out a few games....

At the moment the Kings d depth sucks. Mitchell might be back soon but is he rushing it? I could see a set back happen in no time. He barely put any weight on his leg during the ceremony.

LAX attack*

Are you clear on the fact that Martinez had no goals against for the final 12 games of the playoffs? That's all of NJ, all of PHX, and the last game against STL.

That's really, really impressive, but I believe he was playing with Greene (who was dominant) and I also think he got sheltered minutes.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
At the moment the Kings d depth sucks. Mitchell might be back soon but is he rushing it? I could see a set back happen in no time. He barely put any weight on his leg during the ceremony.

I think that's how he skates as a winner. Take a look at how he skated with the Cup after game 6...with one leg :sarcasm:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
No worries.

We will pick up Vandermeer.
*;) i am being sarcastic but cannot find the emoticon.

Time to give Hickey his chance........
;) I am being sarcastic but cannot find the emoticon.
sorry for any confusion.

I would give Bodnarchuk the call up. Trial by fire for awhile. The trouble with dealing for another dman, especially dealing JB or other top assets is that we don't need long term (past this season) help. Muzzin is going to be fine. It is going to be a bit bumpy as he is getting a trial by fire insertion instead of an easy rotation but he will be fine after 20(ish) games to get up to speed. He won't be as successful of a jump up as VV but they are two totally different players in both skill and style.

Campbell isn't ready.

Des is another year away from call up cup o tea status.

Gravel and Forbort are currently busy.

Roach would be a kid who has nails for nerves, fights and can play but I like our current matriculation path for all but the most elite of kids.

We are deep on D but it looks like we could use a ufa signing/waiver pick up but then we would be asking for trouble down the road. Still..........

Last edited:

bobafettish*

No worries.

We will pick up Vandermeer.

Time to give Hickey his chance........

I would give Bodnarchuk the call up. Trial by fire for awhile. The trouble with dealing for another dman, especially dealing JB or other top assets is that we don't need long term (past this season) help. Muzzin is going to be fine. It is going to be a bit bumpy as he is getting a trial by fire insertion instead of an easy rotation but he will be fine after 20(ish) games to get up to speed. He won't be as successful of a jump up as VV but they are two totally different players in both skill and style.

Campbell isn't ready.

Des is another year away from call up cup o tea status.

Gravel and Forbort are currently busy.

Roach would be a kid who has nails for nerves, fights and can play but I like our current matriculation path for all but the most elite of kids.

We are deep on D but it looks like we could use a ufa signing/waiver pick up but then we would be asking for trouble down the road. Still..........

you mean the islanders or did we get him back?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Sarich may not be such a bad option if he can be had on the cheap and if the Flames eat some of his contract. Only drawback is he has one more year on his deal, but may not be such a bad thing if Greene's recovery is going to take a long time.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
No way I see us picking up Vandermeer. He is literally useless. Put it to rest.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Please can we play Martinez with Doughty. How do the coaching staff (and everyone on the planet) not realise how good he can be. He needs to be given extensive minutes against top competition to see how he handles it. He spent last year getting super soft minutes and absolutely crushed all of the advanced stats (#1 defender in the league in Corsi, and he wasn't even close to #2 which was Chara). His on ice shooting % was a laughably low 5.22% aswell which really hurt his point total

They need to give him tougher assignments since he will almost certainly come out of them ahead and we may already have the guy who can partner Doughty for the next decade

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Where are you getting practice updates from? We need an insider reporter DAMMIT.

Twitter

Look at the official kings twitter feed, there are a lot of beat writers on that page.

Mayors Manor also does a good job of getting info.

Gagne was rotated out during drill with Penner, most likely Penner gets that spot.

Gagne was terrible, -3 with Zero shots on net. Sutter told all of his LW's Unacceptable play period.

Brown was also moved back to LW.

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

Twitter

Look at the official kings twitter feed, there are a lot of beat writers on that page.

Mayors Manor also does a good job of getting info.

Gagne was rotated out during drill with Penner, most likely Penner gets that spot.

Gagne was terrible, -3 with Zero shots on net. Sutter told all of his LW's Unacceptable play period.

Brown was also moved back to LW.

I can't find the Gagne part to be honest, can you give out a direct link.

LAX attack*

Please can we play Martinez with Doughty. How do the coaching staff (and everyone on the planet) not realise how good he can be. He needs to be given extensive minutes against top competition to see how he handles it. He spent last year getting super soft minutes and absolutely crushed all of the advanced stats (#1 defender in the league in Corsi, and he wasn't even close to #2 which was Chara). His on ice shooting % was a laughably low 5.22% aswell which really hurt his point total

They need to give him tougher assignments since he will almost certainly come out of them ahead and we may already have the guy who can partner Doughty for the next decade

I've never thought about this, but whoever Doughty has played with (Scuderi, Mitchell, Johnson [LOL]) have basically been a detriment to his offensive game. Maybe Doughty + Martinez would help him get to that level we've been waiting for. It's something worth trying I think.

Although I am not considering handedness.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
To be fair, the most interesting part is that DS called out all of our LW's.

Each to a man, all of them looked weak including Pancakes. He just looked less terrible but he didn't have a great game.

How will things go? It was one game, we will see.......

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
What the **** are Denis Grebeshkov, Ran_y Jones, and Tom Preissing doing? Christ this is brutal. And please...Hjalmersson sucks. I don't want him or his contract. I know COL has a bunch of depth dman. Why not go after UFA to be Ryan O'Byrne? Maybe they'd want Richardson back? Really, I don't want anyone who isn't a UFA after this year or who has maybe one year left. Let's mess with the group as little as possible.

KingKopitar11*

after drafting so many dmen youd think we'd have some reliable ones to call up, what the hell happened

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
And most of the good ones are in college or juniors. Deslauriers is probably the best one in Manchester followed by Kolomatis and Campbell. Nothing particularly special.

Plus an improved Kings means lower picks, and that's the position they find themselves in when they're drafting in the bottom half of the draft.

KingKopitar11*

half of them were busts.

I wish we had the St. Louis scouting connections in Europe . I hope our scouting improves to be honest, we really need to take a crack at some Swedes, they all are good at defense. We really need better scouting in Europe

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad