Injury Report: Greene out 6-12 weeks, possibly season

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I know Greene and Hickey play different styles, but the loss of Hickey hurts worse now to me, I think Muzzin and Bodnarchuck will do decent filling in, maybe we get to see some Andrew Campbell this year?

Ron*

Bad news.

Oh well, we were pretty much injury free during last season's playoffs, you knew it had to catch up to us.

Meanwhile, Greene took some awful penalties on Saturday. Maybe his back was affecting his play as early as the 1st period.

RonSwanson*

Jordan Leopold maybe? His contract is up in June. Might not cost too much.

Then again since it's now known the Kings are down 2 D's, the price might be climbing. NJ was shopping D's too...

I hope any dman doesnt cost us Bernier.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Does Manchester even have 6 D now with muzzin, bodnarchuk up and hickey lost on waivers?

Also, forget about komisarek. He is awful and a healthy scratch again today for the Leafs. He is considered slow in the East. Not good.

RonSwanson*

Is it possible that Greene was dealing with this injury before the season began and that's why Dean chose Muzzin over Hickey? Greene insurance?

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
WTF!!! He went from doubtful tomorrow to out for the year? Sure would be nice to still have Hickey

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Well we DO have those cap relief buyouts available so Komisarek could be an option for the remainder of the season... though being scratched on the Leafs doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Damn this is a bad situation. Greene brings so much to the team.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
WTF!!! He went from doubtful tomorrow to out for the year?

It might have been that DL didn't know how serious it was, maybe Greene was getting and MRI or test done. If he's out for the year, maybe there's surgery involved.

He's a real warrior on the ice and they're really gonna miss him in the lockeroom, and until Mitchell is back that's 2 leaders down. At least Willie is practicing again that's a good sign

If Greene is done for the year, do they reassign his A??? Mitchell or Richards maybe?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If the Leafs bought a portion of Komisarek's cap hit, as they did with Lombardi, he may be the best option available to play in place of Greene. He may be bad on the Leafs, but I recall Beauchemin looking bad in TO as well and he looks like a different player in Anaheim. Komisarek was significantly better on a structured team, which is what Montreal used to be.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Oh for ****s sake :laugh:

Playoff injury-free karma biting us now?

No Greene, no Mitchell, lost Hickey...testing that defensive depth early. and we don't really have any stay-at-home folks that are ready...

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
If the Leafs bought a portion of Komisarek's cap hit, as they did with Lombardi, he may be the best option available to play in place of Greene. He may be bad on the Leafs, but I recall Beauchemin looking bad in TO as well and he looks like a different player in Anaheim. Komisarek was significantly better on a structured team, which is what Montreal used to be.

I thought he'd bounce back once they hired Carlyle but he's apparently still riding the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad